For the third year in a row, I want you all to take a look back at your year of running and share it with me and all your other readers. I’m using the same format as in 2012 and 2011. This year, I’ve also added in a hashtag (because that’s what we do in 2013, no?) and a graphic that you can grab and share on your own site. And I’d love it if you’d link in at the bottom as well. Ready?
What was your:
- Best race experience? Kind of a strange choice but I really had fun this year at the Baltimore Running Festival team relay. It kept a long-standing tradition going with my friends, I was involved in blogging about the event, and it all came together nicely on race day. And, I ran really well that day–it felt almost effortless and that’s the best feeling, isn’t it?
- Best run? I’m going to have to go with all my trail runs in general. I really fell in love with trails this year and want more, more, more!
- Best new piece of gear? My heart rate monitor (it’s some Garmin model, don’t ask me which!). This simple piece of equipment helped me change the fuel my body uses. It’s going to be a part of my running for years to come.
- Best piece of running advice you received? To try MAF training. I’d resisted for many years and I’m so glad I finally went down that road. Again, I’ll use MAF for years to come.
- Most inspirational runner? Without question, I’m going with Carol Downing, the mother of Nicole and Erika Brannock. She’s shown amazing grace throughout this long, incredibly difficult journey while she and her daughters learn to live with the new normal that began in Boston this past April. Carol is going back to run Boston again this year, an amazingly courageous thing to do.
- If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would they be? Learning that running is so much more than racing.
Now it’s your turn–link up and fill me in!