1. I’ve scheduled my PRP injection for New Year’s Eve day–happy new year to me! It will entail two days on crutches and major downtime so that the platelets have a chance to hang around the injury site as much as possible. You can tell how much a priority I place on New Year’s Eve, huh?
2. I hosted my running friends here the other night for our traditional run through neighborhood holiday lights followed by a cookie exchange. Well, they ran, I waited, THEN we did the cookies, wine, and other goodies. What is it about homemade cookies that makes them so damn addicting? I do fine keeping sugar at bay for about 11.5 months out of the year, but the last two weeks of the year when home-baked cookies are in front of me, I get a bit off the hook. Lucky for me, I’ll be taking a portion of them to my daughter’s school today and bagging them up for the teachers. Back on the wagon!
3. Speaking of the holidays–it’s supposed to be in the upper 60s here this weekend. Not very holidayish is it? But guess what that means for me? A chance to get outside on my bike, which will put a smile on my face since I’m not running right now.
4. Word on the street is that my nine-yr. old no longer believes in Santa. She hasn’t shared this with me, so I’m guessing she’s teetering on not believing and wanting to believe, so I’m going to leave well enough alone for now. It’s such a second-child thing, though: pretty sure my son didn’t give up on Santa until fifth grade.
5. And as we head into the New Year, I have to say WOW did a lot of you link up for my #yearofrunning13 review. I haven’t gotten to them all yet, but I am getting close. Thanks to all of you who have played along. PavementRunner is doing a photo compilation post on runners’ favorite pictures from the year, so if you’ve got one, send it his way.
Finally–if you entered my Topo Athletic shoe giveaway, Rafflecopter picked Angela from Happy Fit Mama as the winner–congrats!
Cookies–can you control yourself around them? Parents–when did your kids give up on Santa if that’s their holiday? Who’s had a PRP injection?