Lots going on in the running world this week, so I’m going to touch on a few points this Friday:
- It’s Marine Corps Marathon weekend, the “people’s marathon.” I’ve got client Kat from Sneakers ‘n Fingerpaints toeing the line for the first time and I couldn’t be more excited for her. I got to meet her and her husband yesterday, which was a real treat. Who else is running this classic on Sunday?
- Have you heard about the six-year old who ran a half marathon last weekend? I have to admit, that kind of made me cringe. I guess coming from my mama perspective, I just wouldn’t want to see one of my kids at that age (or their current ages!) run a half marathon. What are your thoughts on it?
- Speaking of fall marathons, it’s three weeks out now for a couple of big East Coast marathons, namely Richmond and Philadelphia. Lots of 20s and 22s to be run this weekend, including my own. I am ready to be done with it, I’ll admit!
- Did you see/read that Ryan Hall had to pull the plug on the NYC marathon? I can’t help but feel for the guy, no matter if/what mistakes he is making in his training/coaching. So much potential…
- I stumbled across the article on anemia in runners this week and found it different than anything else I’d ever come across. As someone with perpetually low iron stores no matter what I do, this information was really interesting. Other anemia sufferers might want to take a look.
That’s what I’ve got on this Friday. What’s going on in your running world?