What I’m loving right now

whatloving1 300x300 What Im loving right nowI haven’t done one of these in ages. I aspire to do them every season or so, but if I look back, it’s been since February. So maybe a winter/summer edition? Anyhow, let’s get caught up on what’s trending over here in my neck of the woods.

First up–these Brooks running shorts. I saw them advertised in an REI flyer and had to go grab a pair. So cute, love the fit, and got them on sale (the REI sale lasts until Sept. 2, btw). Lots of things I’m eyeing up there!

Second–coffee blended with coconut oil, vanilla, and cinnamon. Am I the last one to hear about this? I read about it the other day on Marcia’s site and had to try. You put all the ingredients in the blender and then you have this amazing cup of coffee, better than Starbucks any day of the week. Now I’m hooked.

Third–Farmer’s markets. You’ll find me at my favorite one every Wednesday afternoon. I have absolutely loved hitting it up this year. I’m buying all of my meat and eggs there, plus all the just-picked produce. Lately I’ve been making ratatouille with all the summer squash, eggplant and tomatoes that are available. I will really miss the market when it closes in the fall.

Finally–Clean Eating magazine. Just picked up my first copy and I’m loving the great recipes in here. They are all so simple and use real, whole food ingredients. What’s not to like?

What’s on your list of current favorites?

Comments

Those shorts are really cute. But I’m sure they’d look even better if they’d been modeled,

I’ve been doing our farmers markets for years now and can’t go back to supermarket fruit and veg (except when I run out or forget something). The quality and price is always better.
    Char recently posted..Pass and FailMy Profile

Coconut OIL or milk? I’m a little wary of tossing oil in my coffee. But I can get on board with some coconut milk!
    Funny – many years ago, at my first job in a health food store, we tried to get the coconut oil thing going. We proclaimed benefits, put it on sale, featured recipes – no takers. We eventually stocked it in the cosmetics section. Now, 15 years later, it’s all the rage!
    Gracie (Complicated Day) recently posted..This is why I have a blogMy Profile

3. Wendy says

I’m loving my feetures plantar fasciits compression socks! I wear them all the time when I’m barefoot, and my feet have never been happier!

I’m also loving Burts Bees tinted lip balm–my new color is Red Dahlia. Keeps me from looking pale and washed out.

I’m loving the cooler summer weather we’ve had this year…it has made my half marathon training actually enjoyable!

Finally, I’ve been reading your blog for a while, and I need to mention it as one of the things I’m loving lately!!!

• MissZippy says

And…I just learned on Twitter that the publisher went bankrupt and will no longer be publishing it! Such a shame.

• Kim says

oh no! Clean Eating my favorite magazine… hope the web-site somehow stays up, tons of old recipes are available on it, pretty much the only food/recipe site I use.

That coffee is a new one on me. I’m not sure I dare to mess with my coffee. I like it plain and simple. BUT… don’t knock it ’til you try it, right :)
    LOVE Brooks clothing for running. I know those shorts would be great.
    Joanne recently posted..Our Day at The NYS FairMy Profile

I love Brooks’ clothes but for the life of me their shoes don’t work for me.
    Yay on the bulletproof coffee–I agree: so good!
    I hate to admit it but I’m digging having the kids back in school. It was time!
    Marcia recently posted..A Techy Day in the LifeMy Profile

I can’t get the coffee out of my head after reading about it earlier. Do you really mean coconut oil or do you mean coconut milk? :) How much to you put in of each? It really sounds amazing! (I tried to go to Marcia’s site but it didn’t link up directly to the coffee part.) Thanks!!
    Angie @ A Mother’s Pace recently posted..Running without a WatchMy Profile

I love love Brooks infinity shorts!! They have 2 versions and I don’t care for the 2 in 1 style (I think that’s it) there is a band that wraps around the thigh that’s just too…um sticky I think is the discription I’m looking for. I also just ordered the Brooks jacket in that print and its adorable but too tight in the shoulders (a lot of their jackets that way) As much as I love it, it had to back :( Saucony makes a great light jacket!
    Fueled by Spite recently posted..Race ReportMy Profile

8. Catherine says

Can you share the coffee recipe. The link didnt take me to it. I love using coconut oil as a moisturizer, too, so i have some in my bathroom and some in my kitchen….im odd!

• MissZippy says

Sure–I just make coffee like normal, then throw it in the blender with 1 teaspoon or so of coconut oil (extra virgin/organic), one dash of vanilla, and a dash of cinnamon. I blend it for a few seconds and then it’s all set!

That coffee sounds weird! I will have to try it though, as it’s probably great. I think the oil portion of it is throwing me off. What I am loving lately: America’s cup, dried mangos, taper weeks, good books and garden veggies!
    Travel Spot recently posted..Currently: SeptemberMy Profile