No big theme here today, just some scattered thoughts/happenings to share. And I do love bullet points, so here goes:
I nailed my 18-mile glycogen depletion run on Saturday. I felt good all the way to the end, which was such a great feeling after my first couple of tough runs without fuel. Maybe my body is starting to adapt?
- At the same time, I did something slightly different with this one per Mark Cucuzzella’s suggestion–I had a cup of coffee before heading out. I have never done this pre-run, even though I know lots of people do. So maybe it played a role in the run’s success, too.
- On my rainy recovery run yesterday, I spotted a woman doing her run with an umbrella in her hand. Really? I had to do a double-take to make sure I was really seeing that. Yes I was.
- The kids go back to school today. Even though that means more time for work and more time for me, I am really sad to see them go this year. It has been an incredible summer and I will miss them like crazy.
- Even though I will miss them, I am excited to have time again for the occasional nap. Not afraid to admit it.
- One more week of swimming in outdoor pools is depressing. I always hate going back inside and with Maryland weather, it would be completely practical if some of the pools stayed open outside beyond Labor Day.
- I have completely ignored my bike this past week. Should amount to a fantastic bike split at the Dewey Beach triathlon I have on Sept. 15.
- I made my plane reservations for CIM last week, so looks like it’s a go!
What’s going on in your world? Do you drink coffee before your runs?