What I’m loving right now

My friend Beth over at SUAR kicked this idea off this week and since it has been ages since I’ve done a post like this I wanted to jump on board. So without further ado, here’s some of the #fitgear I’m digging right now:

1. Chckbands–There are a few companies out there doing versions of these headbands, but I think my local girl Kara does it better than anyone else. She has a

IMG 15032 150x150 What Im loving right now

A sampling of the great designs by Chickbands

fabulous variety of styles to choose from and makes them for both adults and kids. They’re not only cute, but they stay in place whether you’re getting your sweat on or not. A little foreshadowing–I’m going to be raising some money for TeamFight soon and anyone who donates will be entered into a raffle for some great swag. This four pack of headbands will be among the goodies.

2. These Mary Janes from Kigo Footwear–A while back I posted about my little addiction to minimalist shoes. Rachelle over at Kigo Footwear saw the post and thought maybe I needed another pair–she dropped these in the mail to me and it’s been love ever since. These are the most comfortable shoes; I feel like I am wearing nothing– and the color and style go with everything. If you like them, the good news is that Kigo is having a HUGE sale today on their site–I’m talking shoes as cheap as $25. Don’t miss out!

IMG 1505 150x150 What Im loving right now

The Kigo Mary Jane model

3. My bike–At five years old now, this bike isn’t new to me, but I still love it like it is. It’s a Trek Madone 5.0, carbon, and most importantly, fits me like a glove. I’ve put two sprint triathlons on my calendar for later this summer and so I’m starting to ride more often (I’d better!). I can’t tell you how much I love being on this comfortable bike. It handles beautifully and I am never sore from a bad fit–this thing is dialed in perfectly.

IMG 15091 150x150 What Im loving right now

Oiselle does the Olympics right

4. This Oiselle t-shirt–We’re all getting a bit of Olympic fever by now, aren’t we? Oiselle is and they recently sent me this tee to get me

IMG 1507 150x150 What Im loving right now

Love this Trek bike!

on board. As always, Oiselle designed a shirt that is both comfortable and stylish. I pull it on over and over.

5. This Brooks running skirt–I worked a Brooks booth at the National Marathon back in March. When you help out like that, they send you a free pair of shoes and one item of clothing. I chose this skirt and I haven’t regretted it. It’s not only bright and cheerful, but made of mesh so it’s perfect for summer running.

IMG 1499 150x150 What Im loving right now

Do running skirts get any cuter?

That’s my wrap up. Have you tried any of these products? What’s on your summer list of #fitgear?

Comments

Love your list… I am addicted to Oiselle, and adore the philosophy of the company. Would love to grow up and race for them some day like you.. (can you put in a good word, tee hee) Your running skirt is adorable..want it, now. Did you see the picture of Bart Yasso wearing a cheetah running skirt? He might be the only man that can truly pull that off. I think I will do a #fitgear list too and link you if you don’t mind?? love ya girlie.. 6 days left in VA. seriously full of regret that I did not get to hug you.
    LisaM@RunWiki recently posted..6 simple tips on how to make time for running while kids are out of schoolMy Profile

It is always interesting to read about the products available to you. Sometimes it is something we get here too but often it is some product I don’t know. We have many sport products local to South Africa. This is a sport crazy nation.
    Johann recently posted..Gauteng Winter Trail XL PreviewMy Profile

Fun list! I really want to try the Oiselle Roga shorts, they are on my shopping list when I get some extra funds set aside :-) I really into the Nike Legend Dri-FIT tank tee right now and have developed a fixation on getting every color. They are super affordable too if you combine coupons and when Dick’s has a sale. Plus, they make my ‘small endowment’ look bigger, ha ha !!! That’s my favorite #fitgear at the moment.
    Christina recently posted..Sometimes you just need to rest (and eat jelly beans)My Profile

I love the brooks skirt! I was just at the store last night looking at some running clothes. Finally the store near me has more variety in skirts and not just one pair like they have had the past few years!
    J recently posted..Summer RainMy Profile

I think I’ve mentioned it before, but I really love that skirt!!! I think I need it. I have one more race this summer that it would be perfect for! I’m just trying to make an excuse to buy it. :-)

I love these posts. I’ve been thinking of putting together one as my first vlog. We’ll see!
    Carrie recently posted..I Found Some Speed.My Profile

Love your list- might have to get the Oiselle shirt

My favorite tank right now is Nike’s Fast Pace tank- super light weight,not clingy- I don’t have the crazy colors but they are my go to tanks for the summer. I won’t go without a shirt- but it sure feels like I’m not.

Here’s the link
    Heather Winkler recently posted..Road Trip!My Profile

I love all these what-I’m-loving posts, I might jump on the bandwagon, too! I have yet to try Oiselle’s products, but am eager to. And I would love those shoes, I’m all about comfort… I’m gonna check out the site, $25 is impressive!

Thanks for sharing your cool picks. I have a Brooks running skort that I am in love with. I’ve run 3 marathons in it and just did a 20 miler this morning with it. I love the little boy shorts and how they stay put.

Ohhh, I love this post! I love hearing about great gear. Love that Oiselle T and have been tempted to buy it for myself. Maybe for my birthday? Definitely getting a bit of Olympic fever over here. The Brooks skirt is super cute too. For summer, I love my lululemon tanks. I wear them all the time!
    Christine @ Love, Life, Surf recently posted..WAX MagazineMy Profile

OOh that Brooks skirt is cute and, as a London-born gal, I NEED that shirt! Speaking of feeling like you’re wearing nothing, I put my tri suit on yesterday “just to check it still fits” and several hours later discovered I was still wearing it! So comfy I didn’t even notice!!! Which sprint tris are you doing? We gotta meet up at one of these races!!
    Alison @ racingtales recently posted..Best Recovery EverMy Profile

I have a brooks running skirt that I LOVE LOVE LOVE the looks of…but I can’t teach class in it, run in it, or be up on a high cardio machine (like the gauntlet) for fear that everyone can see my ass cheeks hanging out of the non-existent short shorts. I’m super bummed about it. I DO wear it…often…but more for grocery shopping and errand running and when I want to flash my husband ;-)
    Julie recently posted..School’s. Out. For. Summer.My Profile

Hello! I know this is kinda off topic however , I’d figured I’d ask.
    Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest writing a blog post or vice-versa?
    My website discusses a lot of the same subjects as yours and I feel we could greatly benefit from each other.
    If you are interested feel free to send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you!
    Great blog by the way!
    electric motorcycles sale recently posted..electric motorcycles saleMy Profile

Trackbacks