1. I did my first brick workout in about five years, a 17-mile bike ride followed immediately by about a 5 1/2-mile run. Let’s just say that I need more bricks in my life before my August triathlon. I think it took me about four miles before my legs finally felt like running!
2. This picture is from a local Tuesday night fun run and as you can see, it’s quite popular. It’s a one-mile loop course and has been a summer tradition for more than 30 years. It’s a great way to give kids early exposure to running in a low-key, non-competitive environment.
3. This video is from barefoot guru Michael Sandler’s upcoming movie on the topic. Even if you don’t buy into bare foot running, the scenery in the movie combined with the fun they are having will make you want to kick your shoes off and get at it.
4. Between the track and field trials, swimming trials, and the start of the Tour de France, I’m watching more TV in a couple of weeks than I do all year combined. Anybody else?
5. My kids have a triathlon this weekend. My son’s sixth, my daughter’s first. Can’t wait to watch them!
What do you have going on this weekend?
I ran the numbers from my Mizuno shoe giveaway and random.org picked number eight, which is Rene Whitley. Congrats Rene–send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get you in some new shoes! Thanks to Mizuno for the opportunity.