These pictures make me happy

Last Sunday, as part of the IronGirl events going on in town, I ran a 5k with my daughter. This was her third and I just love this time together, love seeing her love running, love watching her dig deep to lower her time (and this headstrong child loves to dig deep). She finished in 31:07, just awesome.

0267 111141 198x300 These pictures make me happy

This is how you get it done

So I love these pictures because it documents our time together. I also love that my form, well, my form is kind of looking really good these days. It doesn’t mean I’m faster, it just means that I’m more efficient, less sore, and most importantly, less likely to get injured. That makes me happy. And don’t even get me started on my daughter’s beautiful form. She’s a natural (most kids are). Poetry in motion.

0267 163241 200x300 These pictures make me happy

No heel striking going on here!

Comments

Love it!! Your daughter is adorable and I bet she feels strong and confident finishing races. She is speedy too. You are such a good role model for her!

I am working on form too..it’s tough. My body wants to over stride and land on it’s heals every time. Ulgh. Your form looks great in that picture so your focus must be paying off.
    Kris Lawrence recently posted..My Training Journal in Pics- April Round up.My Profile

2. CJ says

Beautiful pics! Your smile says it all. What a weekend–run with JBS AND your daughter back to back, now that’s a stellar weekend. Can’t wait for my daughter’s Girls on the Run 5K in 2 weeks :)

My daughter (8) still needs to learn to conquer the “mental” aspects of racing, but she loves running and is also a natural. Unfortunately, even at that age, my son (almost 11) was never a “natural” runner. His running reminds me of Frankenstein lumbering along. Dr says he just grows so much (almost 3″ every year) that he never gets “used” to how his body feels to him.
    Christina recently posted..200th Post!My Profile

Oh, I LOVE this!!! I have run a few 5Ks w/ my daughter (almost 7), and I can honestly say those have been some of my favorite races. Congrats to you AND your daughter on a great race!! xoxo

Oh wow! How awesome! I can’t wait for my kids to start racing with me. And you look great–like you’re floating on air. I love that feeling when you’re in peak shape and running feels easy and less ouchy. Imagine how we’d be naturals too if we never stopped running. I wonder what all that non-running life stuff does to us that makes it so hard for us to rediscover that perfect form.
    Salty recently posted..Running Without Health InsuranceMy Profile

I love those pictures too. Now I am tempted and afraid at the same time to take pics of me running. Or is it shuffling these days? :)
    Your daughter looks like a true athlete, which she is.
    Oh, and so do you.
    Ewa recently posted..Old traditionsMy Profile

Great pic! I love running with my daughter too, she hasn’t done a 5K yet, just 1K and 3K. Hope to do one this year….Congrats to your daughter, she did amazing…that’s a great time.

8. alice says

I love this post! My husband and I have run 1 mile fun runs with our girls and I treasure those memories.

Trackbacks