My list is too long

My list is too longIt happens every year around this time–I recognize that the kids will be getting out of school soon and I start frantically trying to squeeze in all that I can before that happens. And this year is no different.

One of my goals is always to try to clear out my schedule as much as possible before they finish so that I can slow my pace down a bit (not my running pace, though!). I want to be relaxed for my kids, not some crazed woman with too much on my plate, giving them only half the time/attention they deserve. And thus the long list I will get attempt to get through in the next five weeks or so:

• Finishing up most of my bigger summer writing projects so that I don’t have that hanging over my head. The shorter columns I write for some publications are easier to manage and I won’t scramble to get ahead on these.
  • Getting all my annual doctor’s check-ups in–eyes, teeth, physical, bloodwork, you name it. This year I’m making it more interesting by throwing in laser eye correction at the end of May.
  • Getting to all the kids’ various end-of-year, sporting, and other activities that I can
  • Traveling to Atlanta for a three-day conference–speaking of which, any Atlanta runners know of group speed workouts that are worth attending while I’m there?
  • Finalizing summer travel plans, kids camp plans
  • And the projects I know I won’t complete–cleaning out various closets, organizing pictures, etc.–things I intended to start back in September. 2013 perhaps?

I know I’m not alone in this–spring is the craziest time of the year, is it not?

Comments

Oh I can’t wait to hear how your laser eye surgery goes. I’ve toyed with the idea for a few years here, I’m still waiting for my eyes to stop getting worse every year. They were the same prescription this past year (like -6.5 I think) so they seem to be slowing down :)

Oh and I always have something on my to do list, to the effect of ‘cleaning out closet’ ‘organizing pantry’ etc. too, haha!
    Katherine @ Neon Blonde Runner recently posted..Running in Coronado and a Marathon?My Profile

2. Rene' Whiteley says

uhhhh…so crazy. Between work, sports/school, cleaning and planning May has me in crazy town!! I am always relieved when summer vacation finally gets here and it can finally breathe.

Feeling your pain! Kids are out MAY 23!!?? We will barely be through the winter sports season by then. Trying this year to carve out a set scheduled time to work/write each day while the kids do what they will around the house. I’m hopeful at 7 and 10, that’s a possibility without concern of loss of said house.

BTW, I’m in Atlanta. Email where you’ll be/when and what kind of speed work you’re looking to do, and I’ll see if I can hook you up.
    Rachelle recently posted..On Track.My Profile

I’m already in panic mode! My daughter is out of school end of May but Air Force Half training starts in July. Not sure yet how I’m going to schedule things, but we now joined the Y so hopefully that may help with some of the fitness dilemmas. She’s also doing a Y camp in June. We will be traveling most of July making my half training even more cray-zay :-)
    Christina recently posted..500 Mini half marathon race day thoughtsMy Profile

Yes, Spring is totally insane. I run a huuuuuge summer camp program and I’m officially counting down (in terror) and am completely horrified by the number of things that I have to do.
    Plus getting ready to run a July marathon…
    Smart choices, clearly… :-)
    Middleaged Runner recently posted..More insane choices…My Profile

Can’t believe another school year is about to end; my boys will be juniors next year and I can see the finish line … two more years and I won’t know what to do with myself because we are crazy busy with all their activities. I’m going to have to adopt a few more or something :). Now my boys are driving and want summer jobs, which is good on my pocketbook with gas prices, but will miss the time together to take side trips to the mountains and such like we always do. Embrace these summers while you can….time sure flies!
    Jill recently posted..Let’s blame this failure on the socks….My Profile

Thank you for this.
    This week is crazy. Like crazy. Crazy. Crazy.
    I agree with all of the above.
    I may actually have to add a yoga class–that’s the level of crazy.
    But…. Crazy can be fun.
    You’re awesome!!
    Emz recently posted.."Good Feeling" – Flo RidaMy Profile

Oh yes, such a busy time. I hadn’t even been thinking about closets, and photo albums and other organizing that needs done. One thing at a time… good luck squeezing it all in! It will definitely pay off to do it now and be able to slow down more for the summer break.
    Laura recently posted..Mock Nutella and wiawMy Profile

9. Charlenevans09 says

I should try to consult my doctor about laser eye correction too! I have 250-275 vision already.. Thanks to my contact lenses.. Can’t wait to hear your update about it! Good luck!
    Charlenevans09 recently posted..surgicalMy Profile

Yes CRAZY right now. Obligations are just overlapping each other. Good for you for getting the appts. out of the way. Smart. Can’t wait to hear how the laser stuff goes. Everyone I know loves it!
    Teamarcia recently posted..Before MAYhem BeginsMy Profile

Spring=Chicken with his head cut off. I’m running around like a crazy woman.
    I love that you have things on you list like clean out and organize closets and I love that you might not get to them. I always have those things on my list and I never seem to get to them.
    Missy recently posted..A scattered postMy Profile

This is so me right now. I had a mild panic attack when the school secretary sent out her weekly notice of what is going on and included everything for this week and the next week – through the end of school on 5/22!! Holy CRAP!! I’m not ready to have two kids home everyday!! I need to set up camps and playdates and time with grandpa, etc. I still have WORK to do!
    Christina recently posted..Greenway 10K+ Plus Deep ThoughtsMy Profile

In simple words, fashion illustration gives a freedom to the artist to put forward the fashion designs and ideas in front of
    the entire world. Readers may refer to a related article entitled The
    Best Fashion Merchandising Degree Schools in the U.
    Almost every day we are exposed to the damaging effects of the ultraviolet rays
    that are sometimes high in radiation.
    js boutique dresses sale recently posted..js boutique dresses saleMy Profile

In an internet forum about plastic surgery, it will be
    possible to come in contact with other individuals about plastic surgery through the net.
    And a proficient plastic surgeon with a
    lot of experience, can take that even further.
    The various types of plastic surgery on the face are:.
    Reality television recently posted..Reality televisionMy Profile

A chin-up is an upper-body compound pulling motion, training many muscles at
    once. Using markers or crayons, students color the negative spaces one color and
    then color the positive space another color. You should make a conscious effort to look into the
    fact that your child is not over burdened with the day to day life.
    They attend the Boot camp each day for a particular number of weeks,
    but they leave home every night. We were up bright and early this morning, getting Go-Go ready for camp.
    They told me to come back in a few hours for the regular classes.
    I know some of the parents out there know what I’m talking about.
    Visiting a ghost town can be an unusual day trip, with
    little to no cost involved. In the San Diego area, there’s Walking On Water Dream
    Surf Camp. Two week sessions are for fifth, sixth,
    seventh, and eighth graders.
    boca raton kid summer camp recently posted..boca raton kid summer campMy Profile