It happens every year around this time–I recognize that the kids will be getting out of school soon and I start frantically trying to squeeze in all that I can before that happens. And this year is no different.
One of my goals is always to try to clear out my schedule as much as possible before they finish so that I can slow my pace down a bit (not my running pace, though!). I want to be relaxed for my kids, not some crazed woman with too much on my plate, giving them only half the time/attention they deserve. And thus the long list I will
get attempt to get through in the next five weeks or so:
- Finishing up most of my bigger summer writing projects so that I don’t have that hanging over my head. The shorter columns I write for some publications are easier to manage and I won’t scramble to get ahead on these.
- Getting all my annual doctor’s check-ups in–eyes, teeth, physical, bloodwork, you name it. This year I’m making it more interesting by throwing in laser eye correction at the end of May.
- Getting to all the kids’ various end-of-year, sporting, and other activities that I can
- Traveling to Atlanta for a three-day conference–speaking of which, any Atlanta runners know of group speed workouts that are worth attending while I’m there?
- Finalizing summer travel plans, kids camp plans
- And the projects I know I won’t complete–cleaning out various closets, organizing pictures, etc.–things I intended to start back in September. 2013 perhaps?
I know I’m not alone in this–spring is the craziest time of the year, is it not?