I’m going to go a little Oprah on you here, so bear with me. Behind every endurance athlete is a stellar support crew, and I certainly have mine. These are the folks that help make training time possible, cheer us on from the sidelines, offer training advice, offer a supportive shoulder when the going gets tough, and pull us through workouts good and bad. My mind wandered to mine
yesterday during my run and it occurred to me that I don’t show my appreciation enough. So here goes–a big thanks to my cast of supporting characters:
- Mr. Zippy and the kids–Of course they must come first since it’s their lives that are impacted when I’m out training long on a Saturday morning or off racing in some nearby or far-flung locale. Could never do it without them.
- My parents–Who, in spite of having really big health issues to deal with on a daily basis, still ask about my training and racing, showing their love and support every step of the way.
- My wonderful training partners–They make running that much more enjoyable. Not only that but they have taught me SO much and have been their when injuries have occurred or bad races have scarred the day. They get it.
- Some of my neighbors–who have pitched in to watch the kids or shuttle them to and fro when I was out of town or had to squeeze in a long run on an odd day.
- My kind readers–you guys offer up a reinforcing dose of virtual support, and I appreciate it!
Ok, end of my Oscar acceptance speech. I’m sure I am overlooking someone, but for those of you mentioned and not mentioned, trust me, I appreciate your helping me do what I love to do. It takes a village.
Who makes it possible for you to do what you love?