I’m six days away from my LASIk appointment and five days into wearing glasses full time in preparation. Let me just say–I am NOT cut out for glasses! I’ve been a contact wearer since I was 15 (that’s a long time ago, trust me) and I just don’t know anything different. I am learning that glasses are a major PITA when it comes to working out.
- In the pool I obviously must go without. I can’t see the clock, can barely see the lines on the bottom of the pool (kidding) and have no idea who is in the lane next to me, which I hate!
- On the bike trainer–as soon as I start to sweat, they just start sliding off. So I take them off. I hate sitting there blind as a bat. I know it shouldn’t matter, I’m not going anywhere on a trainer, but still…
- Riding on the road–it’s hot, it’s sunny, and I need to wear sunglasses. On top of my glasses. This does not make for a good combination.
- Yoga–every down dog and forward fold results in my glasses falling off my face. Good things there’s a mat under me.
- Running–well, I haven’t run since ditching my contacts, so I don’t know. But I can’t imagine running with glasses on is even remotely pleasant.
My conclusion–glasses and exercising don’t mix. Next Thursday can’t come soon enough.
Do you/have you worn glasses during workouts? How does it work for you?