Sigh

Oh, you thought I might have a post about something other than Boston this week? I’m such a one-track mind right now, I don’t think I can pull that off. My current Boston fixation? The stupid weather forecast. Some meteorologists are even calling for potential record-breaking heat on Monday. No one marathons well in heat, but I think I don’t even manage to marathon remotely respectably in heat. C’mon, Boston, let’s find a cold front!

Screen Shot 2012 04 10 at 3.10.47 PM copy copy 300x156 Sigh

Comments

I used to live in New England, actually in Hopkinton. People were always saying that if you did not like the weather, you just needed to wait 5 minutes. I am not sure about that, but I do know that forecasters don’t know a thing. Their predictions depend only on the kind of tea they happen to drink.
    You wouldn’t be obsessing over Boston, would you? :)

Lets hope it all turns out just perfect. We are awaiting our first cold front of the winter this week. My race for Sunday is set to be cold. I’ve got a feeling your weather will be just right.
    Johann recently posted..Body for LifeMy Profile

No doubt that trying to run a marathon in weather much warmer than maybe the low 50’s would not be a pretty sight. I’ll be praying for good weather for you! Despite going into it last year with not so good training (due to an injury a month prior), it was still an amazing and unforgettable experience!!! Best of luck!! :)

4. Rene' Whiteley says

Don’t fret, I just saw the weather and they are bringing the temps down. I have a lot of faith that you are going to have a good day!!!!

Our first track meet is Sunday and they’re calling for insane temps. The kids are not thrilled. I hope there’s a freak cold front all over the mid-atlantic so we can enjoy some epic running Sunday and very especially on Monday!
    Tracy recently posted..Easter at DeeDee’sMy Profile

Being in the 3rd wave, the “high” temperature can be a concern for me since I’ll still be on course….wasn’t liking the 80F forecast they had a couple of days ago, at least it’s improving!
    Robin Brunet recently posted..Almost TimeMy Profile

First time I ran Boston, it was freezing. Next year, it was ungodly hot. Not as hot as my 50k, though….I’m pretty sure I’ll never complain about heat again after that fiasco!

Still time for the weather to change – I’ll keep praying for you!!
    Jill recently posted..A small glimpse into summer…..maybeMy Profile

I’m not loving this potential hot marathon day and I’m sure Dave McGillvrey and the BAA isn’t either. If we do get stuck with that high temp, I think the only thing worse than running in it will be the medical personnel having an onslaught of over heated runners.

Oh boy…..
    Lisa recently posted..Rolling out the “runner” carpetMy Profile

Ow, ick heat! I hate heat more than anything, especially when not mentally ready for it after winter. But it’s New England and things can change unexpectedly. I won’t be there (this year) but so excited for you!! And ps…I love your race outfit. Hope you need to pick a throw away to wear tho. Go kill it Miss Zip!
    Fueled by Spite recently posted..20My Profile

Hot!!! you want hot, last year there was a marathon here in Cape Town, I didn’t run, but it was hot, and I talking about real heat, like 40+ (that’s over 100 )…
    Coach Dion recently posted..TAPER TIMEMy Profile