1. A root canal is not nearly as bad as its reputation. Lots of novacaine did the trick to block out any and all pain. Throw in some Valium to calm my nerves and my iPod playing loudly, and I did just fine. Interesting side effect of Valium is that it made me extremely emotional. I might have hugged a strange lady and cried as she was leaving the office and reassuring me it would be no big deal.
2. Tapering has begun in modest this week. I topped off at 58 miles last week, my biggest week for this marathon, and am cutting about nine miles out of that this week. More miles disappear next week. I’m looking forward to getting some extra rest–this week has been far too busy and losing a day to the tooth crunched my productive time even more.
3. My kids are on spring break next week (a big reason for a busy work week this week) and I’m looking forward to a break from the routine, the carpooling, the homework, etc. It will be nice to have time with them without all the distractions.
4. I had considered doing a 10-mile or 1/2 marathon race this weekend, but the weekend schedule is too squeezed to make it happen. I’m at peace with that–I’m going to let my body dictate how I run Boston, with a very flexible plan on pace.
5. I have a really fun new toy to try and review for you all. A giveaway will come along with it, so stay tuned!
What’s on tap for your weekend?