I’ve been tagged by three fabulous bloggers for the 11 random facts that are making the rounds. My friend Jason, my Ohio girl Holly, and Jersey girl Jen were all nice enough to think that I had 11 interesting, random facts to share. I”m not so sure, but thank you all anyhow!
As you know, this tag comes with rules, but I’m going to be a rule breaker. They each had a set of questions for me and since I’ve been tagged three times, I think I will spare you all three rounds of questions. I’m also not going to tag anyone else, because from what I can tell, just about everyone has been covered. That said, here are my 11:
1. I grew up in Ohio, live in Maryland, but want to retire out west.
2. As much as I know my spirit wants to be out west, I will still have a hard time leaving the East Coast when the time comes. I love the big cities, the proximity to so many great places, and the energy of the people who live here.
3. Even though I live in, and love, Maryland, I don’t like to eat crabs! Pretty much sacrilege around these parts.
4. I didn’t have kids or my first dog until late in life (35 ) Now I know I couldn’t make it without the kids or the dog!
5. I have one big regret in life. No, I’m not going to share it.
6. When I was a kid growing up on a lake, my brother, our friends and I built our own boat out of scraps we found in the woods. We slapped an electric motor on it and used it all summer. The only people we let ride on it were those who had swum across the lake, thus joining our “sharks’ club.”
7. I’ve never had a pedicure and probably never will. Don’t want to lose my well-earned callouses and don’t have the patience to sit through one.
8. I love depressing books and movies.
9. I have worked for myself for the past 14 years. Pretty sure I don’t ever want to work for someone else again.
10. I think living with four seasons is highly overrated. Non-stop summer? I’m in.
11. My favorite time of the week is Monday morning. I get my quiet house back and can focus on what the week has in store.
And now a few housekeeping notes. If you haven’t heard, Google Friends Connect is going away March 1. I’m going to be taking mine down very soon. If you want to keep following, please hit one of the icons on the right–RSS, email, and of course, you can find me on Twitter (can’t ever get enough Twitter!) and Facebook. I know I follow lots of you through GFC and I’m planning to go through all those blogs asap and make a switch to RSS. Make sure your readers have some options so that they can keep following!