My 11 randoms

I’ve been tagged by three fabulous bloggers for the 11 random facts that are making the rounds. My friend Jason, my Ohio girl Holly, and Jersey girl Jen were all nice enough to think that I had 11 interesting, random facts to share. I”m not so sure, but thank you all anyhow!

As you know, this tag comes with rules, but I’m going to be a rule breaker. They each had a set of questions for me and since I’ve been tagged three times, I think I will spare you all three rounds of questions. I’m also not going to tag anyone else, because from what I can tell, just about everyone has been covered. That said, here are my 11:

1. I grew up in Ohio, live in Maryland, but want to retire out west.

winter 2010 0411 300x225 My 11 randoms

Where I really belong

2. As much as I know my spirit  wants to be out west, I will still have a hard time leaving the East Coast when the time comes. I love the big cities, the proximity to so many great places, and the energy of the people who live here.

3. Even though I live in, and love, Maryland, I don’t like to eat crabs! Pretty much sacrilege around these parts.

Sydney2 020 150x150 My 11 randoms

Couldn't do it without them

4. I didn’t have kids or my first dog until late in life (35 ) Now I know I couldn’t make it without the kids or the dog!

5. I have one big regret in life. No, I’m not going to share it.

6. When I was a kid growing up on a lake, my brother, our friends and I built our own boat out of scraps we found in the woods. We slapped an electric motor on it and used it all summer. The only people we let ride on it were those who had swum across the lake, thus joining our “sharks’ club.”

7. I’ve never had a pedicure and probably never will. Don’t want to lose my well-earned callouses and don’t have the patience to sit through one.

8. I love depressing books and movies.

9. I have worked for myself for the past 14 years. Pretty sure I don’t ever want to work for someone else again.

10. I think living with four seasons is highly overrated. Non-stop summer? I’m in.

11. My favorite time of the week is Monday morning. I get my quiet house back and can focus on what the week has in store.

And now a few housekeeping notes. If you haven’t heard, Google Friends Connect is going away March 1. I’m going to be taking mine down very soon. If you want to keep following, please hit one of the icons on the right–RSS, email, and of course, you can find me on Twitter (can’t ever get enough Twitter!) and Facebook. I know I follow lots of you through GFC and I’m planning to go through all those blogs asap and make a switch to RSS. Make sure your readers have some options so that they can keep following!

Comments

1. Carrie says

I still need to do my 11 things, but like you, everyone had been tagged in my blogging circle and I was tagged twice. I totally understand the crab thing. Living in Maine, people assume we eat lobster all the time. I might have it once a year…if that! And I just put up some buttons on my blog to have alternate ways to follow yesterday!

Yes 4 seasons are over-rated….I can live without winter but I too want to retire out West (Colorado) and thus will be going back to 4 seasons again. Winter lasts only a few weeks here in Texas.

I love getting a pedicure althoug I don’t know if they do anything b/c I’ve never been awake for an entire one….same thing with massages.

Sharks Club…..awesome.
    jason @ Cook Train Eat Race recently posted..Lowering Junk/Fast Food ConsumptionMy Profile

how annoying about Friends Connect. I love the seasons until Christmas, as soon as Christmas is over, I think Winter is stupid. :)

Great Randoms, some fun things to learn about you!!

Great list!

I used to think that four seasons were over-rated but when I lived in So-Cal for a bit I missed them! Well… I missed 3 out of 4 of them – love Spring, Summer and Fall, can live without winter… I did miss Autumn in particular.

However, I LOVED Cali – would/could move back (probably will eventually as the company takes off) but it’s sooooo hard to leave my Jersey friends, family and pizza :)
    Jen recently posted..Friday hodge podge and Team Gab race recapMy Profile

5. Pat says

I agree with you on hating crabs (and, I’m born and raised in Bawlmer, hon, worse than you!) and loving summer.I would be okay with three seasons, though. Totally eliminatng winter would be awesome, although we really can’t complain this year, can we? And, I have had pedicures and really don’t like them. Tickles too much!

The GFC note reminds me I am still trying to transfer over old photos and then delete my blogspot. What a bear.

Waiting until 35 for kids is starting to sound pretty good to me! As does working for yourself. My freelance is only part-time right now but you never know where it might take me!!
    Holly recently posted..Down for the CountMy Profile

Oh man. I LOVE pedicures. The place I go to gives you a hot stone massage on your calves and everything. It’s so relaxing for me and is just what I need when I’m sore.

And I agree with the “only needing the Summer season” thing. But I would find it so hard to leave a big city too! I want it all, haha!
    Kara recently posted..Dear InjuryMy Profile

I was born & raised in Ohio and then moved to Minnesota. It’s a good thing I like winter and don’t mind running in the snow, but the summers here are fantastic and fall, even though it’s about fifteen minutes long, is incredibly beautiful. I’d rather have four seasons because, excepting a very few places, losing winter seems to come with 110-degree summers or hurricanes. Ew.

Pedicures are nice but you can probably get the same effect that everyone loves, minus the nail polish and callus removal, with a foot/leg massage.
    avenging angle recently posted..it haz a flavrMy Profile

I’ve never had a pedicure either – it never comes up really and I’m always worried it will harm my running. As for loving Mondays and year round summer – me too!
    Petra recently posted..BHAGs.My Profile

I’ve never had a pedicure either and I LOVE depressing books and movies! If you love depressing, you should read A Fine Balance. It’s beautiful and tragic and you will love it. I will tell you, after moving from Chicago to San Diego, I don’t miss the seasonal changes. And after a year, I actually believe there are 4 seasons here, despite what everyone says. :)
    Kate @ Run with Kate recently posted..Boo Ya, Hills!My Profile

I loved living back east (Mass). If I could convince my family to move out there with me, I would do it in a heartbeat and never look back.

And I am following you via RSS, thanks for the heads up. I’ve really enjoyed your blog. Wouldn’t want to miss out on anything!

I follow you on FB, so I will be OK. I wonder if I need to add some options for people who follow my blog….What a pain!

I love the sharks’ club thing. I hope my kids are like you when they get a little bigger. :^)
    Terzah recently posted..The Spring of Speed!My Profile

this whole GFC thing going away is soooo frustrating to me. i know we will all find each other, but it is still upsetting and annoying! i am following you on both fb and twitter and will sign up for the emails too :o)

i love your random facts. i am with you on the summer year round thing. i think san diego is my ideal weather-wise….but i don’t think i could move out there unless my family did too – i like being in driving distance of everyone!

hope you’re having a great weekend!
    jessica recently posted..elevensMy Profile

I have one thing I still deeply regret and will never get over it. Wisdom def. comes with age.
    I love the four seasons but I also love how we are all different!

I’m a born and raised Ohioan, too! Love it here, though I know I’m probably biased.

Also, I’ve worked for myself for about four years now. Best.boss.ever. :)
    Tuesday recently posted..11 ThingsMy Profile

Call me a blogger dummy, but I have no idea what all of this “Godgle friend connect going away” stuff means. I don’t even know if I use it or not. If I wake up one morning and nothing shows up in my Google Reader, I guess I’ll figure it out then. lol
    Pam recently posted..Eleven Times TwoMy Profile

No pedicures for me either. I’ll let someone do my dog’s claws, but that’s the closest I’ve been!
    I’m missing something: What do you mean byt “Google Friends Connect is going away”?
    Cynthia O’H. recently posted..Ah Ha!My Profile

#5. oh, fine! Be secretive. I won’t tell you my regrets either. :)
    haven’t had a pedicure either
    how can you not eat crabs??? OK, leave them for me.
    loved the east coast till I moved to CA. C’mon, move, we’ll be neighbors.
    Ewa recently posted..Can’t think of a titleMy Profile

19. Jolene says

I will give you my hot North Carolina summers. LOL!! I am Canadian born and raised and miss my four seasons. I can tell you I have had 2 pedicures in my entire life. Highly over-rated. LOL!! I prefer my feet just being what they are. I am glad I am not alone on this. People think I am crazy when I say I am not a fan of pedicures and manicures.

I love the east coast too… we’re hoping to be back to the Philly/DC/NY area in the next few years. I feel the same way about pedicures… I’ve had a few as part of friends’ pre-wedding activities, and I always cringe for the poor person who has to deal with my runner’s feed. :)
    Laura recently posted..Sunday tidbits…My Profile