Who didn’t I meet in 2011?

Truth be told, 2011 was not my favorite year to date. I’m kind of looking forward to 2012 and some better times. That said, I still had lots of good stuff going on in my life and one of the fun aspects of the year was the big number of bloggers I got to meet. I know I’m not on the level of meet-up queen Jill, but I did ok. Here’s a look at whose paths I crossed in 2011:

Who didnt I meet in 2011?

Erika, me, Angie

Barefoot Angie Bee and Erika from MCM Mama. Erika lives right down the road in Va, so it was only natural that she and I meet up sooner or later. When Angie Bee told us she’d be passing through DC on a train, we both jumped at the chance to meet her. We had a nice afternoon stroll followed by a beer; I thoroughly enjoyed this time with these like-minded ladies!

Next up was the Fitness and Health Bloggers Conference out in Boulder. Beth was kind enough to let me crash at her house and while at the conference, I got to meet Jason, Jill and Claire. With this crew, you can only imagine that we shared lots of laughs. I’ve keptĀ  in touch with these guys pretty regularly since the conference and consider them friends. I’m looking forward to the next time I can see them all.

Boulderlastdayschool11 008 300x224 Who didnt I meet in 2011?

The crew in Boulder

Summer brought a chance to meet Erin out in Jackson Hole. This amazing mom of 12 had eight of her beautiful kids with her when we met, which was such a treat. My kids are still talking about her kids! I got to meet Erin a second time in New York on marathon weekend. Not only that, but she’s going to join my friends and me in Boston come April. Who’d of thought that two women separated by so much country would have the chance to see each other three times in one year? Pretty cool if you ask me.

TetonYellowstone4 009 224x300 Who didnt I meet in 2011?

Me and supermom Erin

New York City Marathon weekend also gave me the opportunity to meet Molly and Lisa. I only got a couple of minutes with Lisa because she was working the expo, but I think we’d have lots to chat about given more time. Molly? She’s a doll–just a genuine, nice person, much as she appears on her blog.

Next year promises to bring more chances to meet fellow bloggers. First on the agenda will be EMZ when I visit Arizona in February. Can you say excited? Then there’s Boston, where I’m sure we’ll be having the mother of all blogger meet-ups. Can’t wait.

NewYork11 030 224x300 Who didnt I meet in 2011?

With Lisa and Molly

Did you meet any other bloggers this year?

And finally–if you entered my giveaway for free entry to America’s Toughest Road Marathon, radom.org picked Marissa. Love her blog and her enthusiasm and I’m so excited to hear about her adventure in the Blue Ridge Mountains come April!

Comments

1. Emz says

Holy. I. Am. Jealous.
    All those amazing people—love — love it!!

Is it February yet?!
    Bring a running parka for our run. It’ll be like 37* out.

It’s so fun to meet other bloggers. I didn’t meet you, but I won a shirt with your name on it! My husband and I went to Arizona in January for the National Championship and snuck in a local 5k. My raffle prize was a Miss Zippy running shirt. I love it.

The pleasure was all mine in Boulder. As one of the first blogs I follow I consider all the things you say to be very accurate and personal.

Then after I met you I knew that your blog was just an extension of who you are. A real genuine person with no pretense.

I will second your comment that I consider each of the Boulder peeps friends. Seeing Beth in Vegas just reinforced that notion.

You will love Emily. I got to chat with her for a few moments prior to the race and such a great person.

Can’t wait for the Sweat Hogs reunion.
    jason @ Cook Train Eat Race recently posted..Las Vegas More Than A Marathon Race ReportMy Profile

I am so excited that I am on the list! I say it all the time, but I am SO grateful for the online running community, and the support and friendship that I get from awesome runners and people like you. :)
    Can’t WAIT for Boston. And 2012 is going to be a great year for you. I know it! :)
    Erin Henderson recently posted..One yearMy Profile

Wow that’s great you got to meet so many bloggers! I’m really hoping 2012 will bring some meet-ups – I can’t wait to meet some of the great people behind the blogs I follow!

Hopefully we’ll get to meet when I come to DC in March…or when you come my way to Boston :)
    Michelle @ Running with Attitude recently posted..Mid-week MotivationMy Profile

I had dinner with Jill a couple months back when I was in Denver for a conference – she’s great!

I met a bunch of bloggers during the Philly Marathon weekend, largely because Amanda (Run to the Finish) was staying at my house and organized all kinds of meet-ups :)

If you come to Philly next year, I’ll come down to the course to cheer you on!
    Abby @ Have Dental Floss, WIll Travel recently posted..Commenters AnonymousMy Profile

oh man… let’s see…

This year, I met Ronda (Little Fruit Fly), Lesley (Racing it Off), Sarah (Once Upon a Lime), Skinny Runner, Monica (Run Eat Repeat), Margot (Faster Bunny), Elisabeth (Running at the Speed of Me), XLMIC, Caroline (Canadian in Exile), Rose (Eat, Drink, and be Meiri)…. And my IRL friend Becka (50halfmarathonsin50states), but I don’t think she counts ;).

I love meeting bloggers : )
    Heather recently posted..Plan for the Week!My Profile

Wow, you met a ton of people. I’ve met a few local bloggers who started as my blog stalkees and have ended up my friends. I love training with them, too, because someone is always pulling out a camera, and no one ever complains when you want to stop for a photo op. :)
    Kate recently posted..Castlewood 8-HourMy Profile

Wow, you have met a lot of bloggers this year. I haven’t met anyone yet, but I think it is in my future because there are some pretty cool bloggers in Colorado that I would love to meet. Terzah and I were going to do a Turkey Trot together, but then the toe. So bummed but we will meet!! Jill did a Gobble Wobble that I would have done and so bummed I didn’t get to meet her either. But someday!

I never knew when I started blogging that I could feel like I knew people I had never seen in person. Blogging is a really cool thing and I have been so blessed by the people in this community!
    Katie@Will Race for Carbs recently posted..Sometimes ugly can be funMy Profile

PS woooah I can’t believe you hardly ever use your garmin! And you are so super speedy and are an amazing running… My Garmin was with me when I started taking running more seriously a year ago so I’ve become so accustomed to it. But I bet I would have been just as happy to have training without it back in the day, maybe it’s just what you’re used to. But I have to admit, I do love just setting out and doing a little running tour and afterward knowing exactly how many miles I went.
    Or some days, different speeds feel like such different efforts and it’s nice to look down and know what’s actually going on or see what my heart rate is doing.
    Tough call for me, but I totally respect running without the Garmin. Wish I were that pure.
    Katherine @ Neon Blonde Runner recently posted..Is Your Garmin More Than ONE Year Old?My Profile

It was great to meet you, wish we could have spent more time together, but hopefully next year if you make it out for the conference again (when is it? Where?). I barely met many this year that I haven’t meant in prior years….mostly because I didn’t get to travel to any races. Whaaaa! Did meet a few when I was in California hiking Whitney I guess.
    Jill recently posted..What We Do for a Cheap Medal and an Ugly Ugly Ugly Sweatshirt 1/2 Marathon Race ReportMy Profile

excuse me? who didn’t you meet? umm HELLO!!! ;)

<—————–

just kidding. haha. you definitely did get in a lot of real-life meetups with some awesome blog buddies!

my '11 hasn't been that great (the end of it anyway). here's to an awesome 2012 for the both of us!
    lindsay recently posted..november 2011: mile highMy Profile