What I’m loving right now

Well, running obviously, but maybe some of the things that go with (and not so with) running too. Without further ado, here are a few things I think are really cool this late November week:

1. My Oiselle arm warmers–The weather has been just right for arm warmers

cakerun 001 224x300 What Im loving right now

Oiselle knows how to make a good pair of arm warmers

lately, and as an Oiselle ambassador, I have two pairs (one navy, one orange) to go with just about every short-sleeved top I own. What makes these so special? For one, they have a longer sleeve with a thumbhole. For two, they have elastic that really, really works. These babies never slide down like others I have.

2. Whey Cool protein powder–The sock doc turned me onto this particular brand of powder. What sets it apart? It’s made through a low-heat process which means no MSG. Did you know that the vast majority of whey protein powders have MSG in them?  I’ve been making morning shakes with coconut milk, the powder, some kale or spinach, and whatever fruit happens to be nearby. It fills me up and keeps hunger at bay all morning. Now if only I had a Vitamix to make

cakerun 002 224x300 What Im loving right now

Whey Cool protein powder

the shakes. Santa?

3. My Bosu ball– I’m a big believer that as runners, we need to have good balance. Running is, after all, nothing more than balancing on one leg over and over again. While I was injured, working on my balance had to go out the window. Now that I’m back, it’s time to get it in order again. One-leg stances on the Bosu? Yes, thank you. I also add in upper body work, lunges, and other things on the Bosu for an extra little challenge. Now if I could just keep the kids and their friends from treating it like a toy.

4. This book–Unbroken, by Laura Hillenbrand. I know lots of you have already read this, but I finally got around to it thanks to my book club. Holy cow–Louis Zamperini’s will to survive the trials of imprisonment during WWII, along with his heroism, are nothing short of amazing. Anyone else biased like me think that the fact that he was an Olympic runner played a big role in this never-give-up ability?

Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand Book Review e1302747496870 What Im loving right now

What an amazing story

What items are on your list right now?

Comments

A little unknown curious fact about me, I love to collect arm warmers, I dont use them a ton, I just like having them

If you are hook on Whey, Costco is the cheapiest place to get a good brand
    BDD recently posted..Weekly RamblingsMy Profile

2. Colleen says

And I’m off to add the arm warmers to my Christmas list! :) Thank you for the recommendation! :)

I’ve heard that book is amazing… might have to add that to the Christmas list as well!

Heck, we should rename this post “things Miss Zippy thinks Santa should bring Colleen”. :)

See my latest post for my recommend read-read the intro and you’ll realize it’s really that good!

My fave gear remains my Brooks Pure Flows.

That’s awesome you use Designs for Health products-I use several of their products and they’re great.

Great info about the MSG.

I liked, but no loved, Unbroken. I know I’m in the minority on that one.

I’m loving so much right now. The book, “Those Who Save Us”, my crockpot, mint tea with honey, inspirational cds to listen to in the car.
    Shut Up and Run recently posted..Road WarriorMy Profile

I love the longer arm warmers. I need to get my wish list organized!

I also need a Bosu ball. Now that the final big race for 2011 is in, I seriously need to rework my training and get my over-all health in line. Spring will be here before I know it!
    shelly recently posted..I think about numbersMy Profile

I am loving my Tommie Copper Knee Sleeve. They have literally save me from knee pain. I just loaned them to my sis because she was complaining of her knees aching all night.

I love my OISELLE Start Line Tee I won from Tall Mom on the RUn. It’s a great fit.

I have the oiselle arm warmers too and I love them! They are great! Just wish I had more time to wear them – hopefully in the spring racing season. I also want to read Unbroken but everyone has it out at the library!!
    J recently posted..A day of firstsMy Profile

Here is the link to my article on MSG and its hidden names. http://sock-doc.com/2011/03/excitotoxins/. You won’t see MSG on the label. You will see words like “hydrolyzed” “caseinates” “autolyzed” and “isolates” which signify MSG was created (not added) during processing. This is why most all brands, especially the cheap Costco types but even Whole Foods Whey Protein, contain MSG.
    Sock Doc recently posted..Preventing and Healing Stress Fractures & Stress ReactionsMy Profile

I want to read that book. Have you read Matt Long’s book? I really enjoyed that. I am loving that it is Monday night but it is like Thursday night with one more day of work this week.

I had no idea that protein powder had MSG. I have been using Vega, which I think is pretty good, but I have to say it doesn’t taste the greatest. Maybe I should try Whey Cool. I have heard Unbroken was really good. I loved Seabiscuit and thought it was very well written so I bet Unbroken would be as well. Thanks for the recommendation!
    Katie@Will Race for Carbs recently posted..Things…My Profile

I finally got Unbroken from the library only to have it sit on my nightstand as I just didn’t have time to read it — must try again.

I’ve seen those Oiselle arm warmers on another blog and thought they were perfect but the site doesn’t sell them anymore. :( — I love the idea of the thumb holes as my hands are always freezing.
    Tricia recently posted..Weekly RecapMy Profile

Awesome that you read Unbroken! I was amazed reading it, I thought it was one of my favorite books I’ve ever read. Louie Zamperini is amazing.

And hilarious that your kids play with your bosu ball, haha
    Nelly recently posted.."You are a nice guy."My Profile

Glad you gave a good report of Laura Hillenbrand’s book ‘Unbroken’. I ordered it through Amazon UK over a month ago but for some reason it’s not available here until 7th – 9th February!
    Laura’s other book ‘Seabiscuit’ was an incredible story and highly recommended.
    Gordon recently posted..Brightening up my dayMy Profile