1. About that crown–it didn’t happen! I went in to the dentist yesterday and we started chatting about why it had taken me so long from recommended treatment to actual treatment. She commented that most people wouldn’t be able to deal withe the pain for that long and asked how much pain I was in. Well, not much, to be honest, and the pain is only intermittent. She retested my tooth and concluded that I don’t need a crown right now and that the tooth’s integrity is not currently at risk. Will I likely have to have it at some point in the future? Yes, but not now. Score!
2. I went to see my friend Pat this week, who is a personal trainer, and have her put me through a strength routine. Being so limited in what I can do I am both bored to tears, and losing muscle tone quickly. She gave me some
painful great moves to do that will help combat the loss of muscle and keep me a bit happier. Another score.
3. I am cautiously optimistic that my feet are progressing. These days I hate to get too excited because I have been down this road so many times. The smallest thing can set me back. But trying to think positively.
4. Good luck to all the many running Chicago and other marathons this weekend. May the sun stay behind the clouds and the wind be at your back.
5. Finally, I can’t let the week pass without mentioning the late great Steve Jobs. What an amazing ding he did leave on this universe. Here’s my favorite of his many wise quotes:
“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
And I guess number 6: Thank you all for being so understanding, supportive, wonderful about this post this week. Have a great weekend!