1. Today the plan was to head to Annapolis to do some kayaking on the Severn River, but the pouring rain is making that unlikely. I’ll run in the rain any day of the week, but kayak? Not so much.
2. My friends are running Ragnar DC today. I was supposed to be part of this team, so a few tears have been shed as the day got closer. That said, I’m excited to see how they do. I’m betting on them taking the top spot for female teams. And yes, they’re all master’s. Bad ass.
3. I’d be lying if I said I’m not hoping the rain cancels the kids back-to-school picnic tonight. A bonus free night? I’ll take it!
4. Just made plans to hit Arizona in February, where I’ll finally get to meet up with the fabulous EMZ. She has even promised she’ll leave the treadmill to run trails with me. Yes!
5. After three rounds of tryouts, my son has been waiting for almost a week to see if he made a travel lacrosse team. I have such mixed feelings about this–I want him to make it because it’s what he wants, but I don’t know what I think of travel teams for kids.
What’s on tap for your weekend?
Has the weather gotten in your way lately?
What do you think of travel sports teams for kids?