|The local swimming hole at Patapsco State Park|
- Thanks to ALL of you for your many comments on my boot dilemma. Such great comments that shored me up and made me smile. You’ll be happy to know that I’m following your advice, sucking it up and wearing the double boots as much as I can stomach. I’m hoping that a couple of weeks in them and I’ll feel a big difference.
- I’m taking the kids and the dog, along with some friends, to a local swimming hole today for one last blast of summer. It comes complete with an old rope swing for them to jump from.
- While this should be the last weekday before school starts, with Irene heading our way, I’m not entirely sure the kids will be going to school on Monday for their first day. Crazy, isn’t it?
- An earthquake and a hurricane all in one week–I’m thinking locusts are next.
- Mr. Zippy has a colleague in Mexico who was here recently. We had him over for dinner and I told him about the book, Born to Run. He happened to have pictures of the Copper Canyon on his phone, which were beautiful. Mr. Zippy made a trip to Mexico to work with this guy earlier this week and look what our Mexican friend sent back for me–chia seeds! Pretty excited to try them out.
- I’ve been threatening to migrate to WordPress for some time now and guess what? It’s about that time. Look for a new MissZippy in the coming week or so. Will be seamless to you all but will hopefully be a much nicer package.
|Chia seeds straight from Mexico|
Have you tried chia seeds? How do you use them?
Do you have a local swimming hole?
Have a great weekend–to all my East Coast neighbors, I hope you ride out the storm safely!