Wins, awards, and you ask, I tell!

The win: Joanne at AppleCrumbles, you are the proud new owner to two pairs of Feetures socks thanks to RunningSocks.com. Congrats!

The award: HealthCareColleges.net just came out with a list of the top 100 running blogs and let me know that I made the grade. Thank you for that! I’ve displayed their badge in my sidebar.

q and a header 001 opt Wins, awards, and you ask, I tell!

And finally, Kovas at Midwest Multisport Life has tossed me the You Ask, I Answer ball (thank you Kovas!) along with a bunch of other great bloggers. So here’s the deal: You send me your questions and I’ll do my best to answer them. Want to know how I’ve managed not to kill anyone while being injured for most of 2011? Want to know why the name MissZippy? Want to know if I was, or was not, a cheerleader in high school? Almost nothing’s off the table. I’ll post my answers next week.

I’m supposed to pass this along to five other bloggers but this feature is catching on like wildfire, so I’m not sure who has/hasn’t been tagged at this stage. If you haven’t been tagged and want to play along, let me know–I’d be happy to tag you in my next post!

pin it button Wins, awards, and you ask, I tell!

• No Related Posts

Comments

1. O me! pick me! my hand is raised… (remember Arnold Horschak?)

WHY the name Miss Zippy?

Were you a cheerleader in high school? if yes, post a pic to prove it.

Have you ever been told you do something better than anyone else… even if it was a lie told in the heat of passion?

What is, in your opinion, your most attractive feature?

I am new so how did you get injured and why is it not better yet?

Pads or tampons?

2. Thank you! I saw the tweet and I'll email my address.
    I hope those socks can make me run faster :)

3. Coy Martinez says:

Where did the cool pic of you running at the top of your blog come from?? Is it you?? :)

4. Colleen says:

I love that it's catching on!!! :)

If you weren't a runner, how would you stay fit?

5. Congrats to the winners. What is your favorite xtraining activity? What's your fastest mile on the track? What are your thoughts on Not taking gels and hydration during training but then taking them for race day? Have you ever had Athletes foot, and if so, how did you cure it?

6. Running Ricig says:

Have you ever told your running story? If not, I'd love to hear how you got started!

7. What is your dream race that you have not yet run?

(and I haven't been tagged)

8. Oh, gosh…everybody else has such good questions.

Hmmm…If there's a MR. Zippy, why are you MISS Zippy? :)

9. Jennifer says:

I'll ask my favorite question. If you had a third arm, where on your body would it be and what would be it's purpose?

10. Michelle says:

Why did you start blogging?

What's your favorite pre-race meal?

Do you prefer large races or smaller events?

Margarita, Martini, Wine, Beer or none of the above?

Where's your favorite vacation spot?

Inquiring minds want to know :)

11. Why do you think ChrisK didn't join us on the Top 100 Running Blogs?

12. Adrienne says:

Such a fun little game!

If you could trade places with any famous athlete, who would it be and why?

13. Jamoosh says:

Fast 5K or slow Marathon?

14. OK question #1: Same one I posted to Colleen of Irondiva: You are at mile 103 of an Ironman and have to poop. Do you hold it in for those last 9 miles and about 25-35 minutes or do you find the nearest port-o?

question #2: one race, one time. You finish it and the race never exists again so you can't re-run it. Name the race.

I'd be interested in this little gig.

15. 2 Slow 4 Boston says:

Is there a Mr. Zippy? If so, why aren't you MrsZippy?

16. Momma K gotzt the runs says:

Since an injury has kept you sidelined from running (or running as much as you would like) what is a day in your life food/nutrition wise? Breakfast/snacks/lunch/and dinner. Any philosophys, nutritionally?

17. Caroline says:

you said almost nothing is off the table….what is off?

have you visited other countries?

how long were you engaged?

where did you go to College? what did you study?

who would you like to meet?

18. Jeff - DangleTheCarrot says:

Tell the truth – you are lovin' the twitter, aren't ya?

19. Teamarcia says:

Describe your favorite cupcake?
    How many would you eat if no one was looking?

20. I love Kate's question…yes, you should be MrsZippy!! :)

So I'm going to put the ball back in your court and ask the same question you asked me: What blogger would you like to meet whom you haven't yet (I know top of your list is to spend more time with moi, but sorry, you've already met me – however brief :( )???

What is your dream race?

Would you ever want to do an ultra? Or are you a strickly road girl?

21. Richelle says:

Yes, I want to know why you picked the name Miss Zippy. I'm assuming it's because you're so darn fast!

How did you meet Mr. Zippy?

Do you have a favorite musician?

22. You seem to enjoy your time with your kids a lot. What is one especially fun adventure you have had with them?

23. Chris K says:

XLMIC continues to bring it. She is amazing.

1. Where did you grow up?
    2. Have you always been competitive?
    3. Sports in h.s. or college?
    4. What are some of your favorite movies?
    5. You and Mr. Zip get to go to a concert, your choice of the band. Who do you want to see?

24. I just want to know what your most embarrassing running moment was (because I'm really into public humiliation.)

25. Tri-Living...Together says:

If you couldn't be a runner which sport would you chose and why

26. Raquelita says:

Oooh! Fun!

What are your favorite pizza toppings?

What is your pre-race ritual for long distance races?

I haven't been tagged yet and would be game.

27. Chris @ Heavy Steps says:

What advice do you give someone starting off. I have been running for 6 months now, but I am still a newbie.

28. Favorite Yo Mama joke?

Do you let burps and farts rip or are you more demure like me and only pick your nose?

What song do you listen to over and over again right now?

29. Marlene says:

What do you miss most about running?

30. Cynthia O'H says:

Yes, please, share your strategy for staying out of jail while injured.

31. Black Knight says:

Curious to know your answers!
    Have you ever raced in other countries?

32. What's your race/distance of choice? Any triathlons/ultras in your future?

Are you always so optimistic:)?

33. Big Daddy Diesel says:

- If barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    - Do penquins have knees?
    - How does asprin find the headache?
    - If teplon is stick free, how do they get it to stick to the pan?
    - When someone yells "headsup!!" why does everyone duck?

34. How do you keep up with all the blogs you read, plus your own, plus your life? I'm trying to learn how to best balance this.

35. Mine is two part (and I'm asking it of everyone who is doing the Q&A).

When you run, are you a greeter, ie, do you wave at an approaching runner or do you look away?

If you are a greeter, does it bug you when the other person looks the other way and doesn't acknowledge you?