Three Things Thursday (outta here version!)

Low FlyingPlane WSJ Apr 09 Three Things Thursday (outta here version!)

1. I’m off to Boulder for the Health and Fitness Bloggers Conference! Cannot wait. I don’t know what’s the best part–the conference itself, meeting up with SUAR, Jason, and Jill, or being in Boulder. Expect some live blogging and lots of fun posts during and after.

2. While there, I’m going in…to Newton HQ that is. I’m catching up with super stud Ian Adamson and learning all about what makes Newton Newton. Yes!

3. Only downside: While there, I’ll miss being here. It’s the Re-evolution of Running panel discussion in Shepherdstown, WV. It will be held at the Bavarian Inn from 7 to 9 p.m. on Friday night. If you are within shouting distance of this area, don’t miss it–it will enlighten you, excite you, and quite possibly change the way you run.

Comments

1. KC (my 140 point 6 mile journey) says

WOW! That coference sounds awesome. Have a great time and I can't wait to see what you have to say about the Newtons.

2. Kenley says

Wow, have a fantastic trip. I am sure you will let us know how it gets on? Take care, and safe travels.

3. Johann says

Have a wonderful time! Do you know Zola Budd (now Pieterse)? She promotes Newton shoes. If you don’t know her google her. She ran a 5000m world record at age 17 barefoot. South Africa was isolated from international sport at the time so it was unofficial. She is famous for Mary Decker’s fall at the Olympics as well.

4. Penny says

So excited for you. That conference sounded like so much fun and alot of good info. Plus you get to meet all those fellow bloggers. Cant wait to hear all about what you learned at the conference. Would love to hear more about what you learned on the Newtons shoes. Have a great weekend

5. Jamoosh says

Being in Boulder trumps everything and everybody – no disrespect to everything and everybody of course.

6. Nelly says

That sounds awesome! I know the University of Colorado has an amazing cross country and track team, not sure if you could somehow talk to the coach at all…

And thanks for your comment on my blog about custom orthotics. My hope is that the podiatrist tells me that I don't need them, and that I simply should wear a light stability shoe, and that I just need to strengthen my feet, hips and core.

7. Dash says

I owe you a few comments, but want to wish you a fun time at the convention!! You and Beth stay out of trouble! ;)

8. Jill says

By now, you are high in the sky and almost in Colorado – yay! And hell ya, Beth, Jason and I are totally more fun than Boulder. At least I am! Can't wait!

9. Katie Schmidt says

I live in CO and have been to the Newtons HQ for their running clinics. Love Newtons. Enjoy it here in beautiful Colorado!!!

10. 84829942-3a88-11e0-83da-000bcdcb5194 says

BOYCOTT AMERICAN WOMEN
    Why American men should boycott American women

I am an American man, and I have decided to boycott American women. In a nutshell, American women are the most likely to cheat on you, to divorce you, to get fat, to steal half of your money in the divorce courts, don’t know how to cook or clean, don’t want to have children, etc. Therefore, what intelligent man would want to get involved with American women?

American women are generally immature, selfish, extremely arrogant and self-centered, mentally unstable, irresponsible, and highly unchaste. The behavior of most American women is utterly disgusting, to say the least.

This blog is my attempt to explain why I feel American women are inferior to foreign women (non-American women), and why American men should boycott American women, and date/marry only foreign (non-American) women.

BOYCOTT AMERICAN WOMEN!

11. Chris K says

Yeah, I'm with the Boycott American Women comment.

Saw your pic in SUAR's post. She should have identified you by your true name; Miss Zippy.

I've been to the Newton Running Lab. Hope you got to do the clinic this morning.