And that’s a wrap!

And thats a wrap!
The crew at lunch–me, Jill, Beth, Jason and Clair

Meet ups; amazing views; education; goodies; opportunities. The Fitness and Health Bloggersconference in Boulder was all that and more. I had a great time meeting some amazing rock star bloggers and learning more than my small brain can handle. You know I love me some bullet points, so here are the highlights:

And thats a wrap!
MissZippy meets Erin
 And thats a wrap!
It wasn’t all work and no play–Jill and Beth at lunch
  • I don’t know jack about blogging. But this conference taught me SO much and I can’t wait to get started implementing it.
  • Twitter matters. A lot.
  • Blogger—consider yourself on notice. I’m migrating ASAP.
  • Ian Adamson is a perfect spokesperson for Newton—more on that to follow this week.
  • My favorite blog discovery: NoMoreBacon. More on that later, too.
  • Beth really does fart all the time. In spite of it (because of it?) she’s a great host!
  • Jason has a great sense of humor and is a social media machine.
  • Jill is a down-to-earth sweetheart.
  • Beth’s friend, Clair, is a fun roommate and puts out a running/yogi blog worth your attention.
  • Erin is a breath of fresh air. I love meeting young, smart girls who are going to make a dent in the world.
  • Red-headed bloggers know a lot.
  • Sitting all day long hurts.
  • Each person you see in Boulder is fitter than the last.
  • Not being able to run in Boulder is like being waterboarded.
  • It really is a small world—I saw a former master’s swim-mate from Baltimore in the lobby of the conference hotel.
  •  I’ll be back next year.

Comments

1. Caratunk Girl says

OH it sounds like so so much fun!! I am JEALOUS!!

Also, I need you to teach me some of what you learned! :)

2. Penny says

It sounds like you had a great time. I think it would be so fun to meet other blogger. Cant wait to hear what you learned there.

3. Jason says

Let's not forget that MissZippy Ti am going to call you Amanda from now on btw) has a lot to teach the endurance sports community.

A wealth of knowledge that I went to for a few questions and after the Newton piece with said Sir Isaac I have a ton more.

It was AWESOME to habg with you & can't wait to do it again.

4. Jason says

It was AWESOME to habg with you & can't wait to do it again.

5. Jeff - DangleTheCarrot says

Sounds like a great time Amanda! Gotta get the deets from ya on Blogger? Been thinking of switching for awhile now – give me the final kick in the butt please!

6. Rene' says

I have a feeling a lot of people are jumping ship on blogger…I am anxious to read about your trip to Newton headquarters. I want to love my shoes so badly, I think that I just haven't broken them in right….

7. Amanda@runninghood says

Oh this sounds so great! I love learning! And learning about what I'm "into" at the time. So, twitter…tell me more…how do I even sign up for one. Did you just sign up??
    And where are you moving from blogger? I so want to make some changes with my blog…move, make my own site, etc. I have so much to learn.

I love that you are sharing your information with us Amanda! Keep it coming! I'm eating it up!!

And so great that you got to meet up with these wonderful people. I will have to check out Claire and Erin. Thanks!

8. Kat says

Sounds like you had a blast!

Migrating?? Are you going to WordPress, too? I hear a lot of folks are, so I tried it but it's scary!

Got any advice on switching?
    (Like you don't have better things to do than help me with my blog…but really…help!)

9. Amanda@runninghood says

Okay I started a twitter account but have NO freaking clue how to use it. I'm only following you so when I log on there is just a lot of Miss Zippy! ha!

10. Pam says

I will never blog any bigger, better, or differently than I do now, but I hope you'll give details on some of the stuff you learned. Like why does twitter matter so much? I haven't drunk the Twitter koolaid yet and have no desire to!

11. Lisa {eatprayrun-lisa.blogspot.com} says

no kidding about those Colorado folk being so dang fit!! we thought the same thing last year when we were in Breckenridge. i liked it!

12. Kate says

Very cool to meet such great people and then get so much information. Like going to a work conference you WANT to be at! Looking forward to hearing some of what you learned.

13. Jill says

Awww, thanks Amanda! Wish we could have hung out more … I was overwhelmed at the info being thrown at me and constantly thinking how much my blog sucks. I must implement changes, just not sure how. Next year we'll have to do a "back to the running world" race together…I think we so deserve that!

btw, I am flat on my back all day; I went to Urgent Care this morning when I couldn't move and I have a pulled or strained intercostal rib muscle. He thought it'd be pretty bad for about 2 weeks and I am to do NOTHING (not that I could … it's killing me just to move an ince). Between the two of us, have we covered just about every injury known to mankind? This is ridiculous.

14. Richelle says

Are you heading on over to WordPress? I know of several bloggers that have made the switch.

Glad you had a great time! Thanks for sharing some of your new knowledge. :)

15. Courtney @ I CAN DO THIS says

So what's the deal with Twitter?
    I'm scared of Twitter the way I was scared of Facebook 4 years ago.

16. Johann says

Glad it was worth so much for you! I'm really interested in you moving away from Blogger. Please share that info as I need to know what's best in that department. You are so lucky to have met all those super bloggers. Have a good week!

17. Black Knight says

It sounds like a lot of fun. It is too nice to meet other bloggers!
    The next meeting in Europe?
    Have a good week.

18. Dash says

sounds like you had a great time and if you don't know anything about blogging, I'm in trouble! :) Look forward to hearing more!

19. Marissa says

I need some tips on what you learned…I feel like there's SO much I don't know. Why's everyone so anti-blogger? I told you, I am clueless :(

Looks like an awesome conference, can't wait for you to share more!!

20. Molly says

you must have had a blast!!!! I've been following you on twitter, I noticed you were on there a couple of weeks ago : )

21. Silly Girl Running says

'Red-headed bloggers know a lot': I like the sound of that. ;)

Sounds like you had a great time! :)

22. Teamarcia says

Sounds like so much fun and I'm so bummed I missed it! Hopefully next year!
    I noticed you're tweeting up a storm. ; )

23. Coy Martinez says

That sounds like a great time! I'm jealous you got to meet everyone. I'm interested in the Twitter part! I have an account but to be honest I've never used it. hmmmm.

24. Marlene says

AGH so fun! Sounds like an awesome time. I hope I can be a part of something like that one of these days!!

25. Shellyrm ~ just a country runner says

After all the blogger problems lately I've been looking into moving too. I can't wait to hear what goodies you learned!

(like everyone soooo jealous!)

26. e410 says

It was so great meeting you finally after all these months of stalking (err, FOLLOWING) your blog :) And you're right, red head bloggers totally do know a lot. I mean, wow, talk about info overload. Looks like I've got a lot more to learn!

27. Anabela (Bela) Neves says

Okay you are the lady with all the valuable info. Looks like you are going to have to teach all of us how to leave Blogger, nobody including myself is very happy with them. Teach us please :) Glad you had a fabulous time!

28. Ryan @NoMoreBacon says

Dude! I was your favorite new blog discovery? That makes me so happy I could sit at my computer without any pants on! Oh wait, that's exactly what I'm doing right now. TMI?

Anyway, I'm oh so totally flattered. Truly. It sure was a great weekend!

You're freaking awesome MissZippy! I need to stick around here for some running inspiration.

29. Wifey says

Sounds like an AMAZING time. Conferences are the best!

I just made the switch to WordPress. LOVE it.

Winks & Smiles,
    Wifey

30. cheryl says

A fitness blogger's conference…now I have heard everything!
    If you are training and actually have a 9-5 job and a family there is still time for BLAH-ging? Not for me! I quit a long time ago!

31. Laima says

Sounds like a great weekend! We'll be looking (even closer) at your posts for hints how to become better bloggers :)

32. Ewa says

I am so sorry you had to endure waterboarding but I am envious of all the people you met.
    Twitter matters? Really? Do I want to know? I am already feeling overwhelmed by blogging and FB.

33. Raquelita says

It sounds and looks like a fantastic conference! I can't wait to see what you implement and learn from you!

34. RoseRunner says

nice stuff. I just went to my first blogger meet-up and I learned….that runners are cool. and funny. and nice. and fun to run with

Trackbacks

1. […] been following me since last last year (and I hope you have!) you might recall that I went to Boulder in June to attend the Fitness & Health Bloggers Conference. And it was  a blast. At last year's […]