A look inside the world of Mr. Zippy

A friend of ours once said that when he dies, my husband will have the word “Job” written on his headstone, because he needs the patience of Job to live with me. Ok, I’ll give him that.  So here it is, straight from Mr. Zippy’s mouth—a peek at what it’s like to live with me:
 A look inside the world of Mr. Zippy
In the Zippy household, because we have two kids and both like to work out in the early morning, we split our workout days equally (3 mornings each) and then fight over Sunday. The difference, however,  is that I am just trying to get a few hours on the basketball court for my fourth day of working out. Her daily work out usually involves something like a morning run followed by a swim and finished off by a yoga class or lifting weights. I am struggling to find 1.5 hours to get in a solid work out. Not a trifecta! Her trifecta happens every single day!!
Racing is another interesting situation. I too have raced in various sports such as running, triathlons and cycling. My goal is to finish in the top third of the males my age. My wife’s goal is to finish in the top three of her age group.  Don’t forget her race days usually steal one of my workout days. Not only that, she turns into the thing that chases Sigourney Weaver in the 1980s movie as race day approaches.
My wife said this should not be too long, so I will finish the way David Letterman would. Here is my top 10 list regarding life with MissZippy :
1.Do I look fat in this?” No, you really need to work out more and steal more of my workout days.
2. What the hell are all of the charges on our credit card for active.com?
3. On vacation- “I need to rent a bike. I need to find a pool. I need to join a gym for the week.”
4. Being scolded for not getting home from basketball soon enough for her to get her 6 hours of training in before noon.
5.  Hearing she is only going to do 5 marathons this year.
6. Getting the list on Saturday morning that involves all the kids’ activities, chores and errands that need to be done while she is getting her long run in.
7.  Getting beat by my wife in every race I enter.
8.  Getting harassed about my 1980s vintage workout wear. I don’t write a blog and get to try the newest and coolest stuff.
9.  Hearing my children worry about heel striking when playing.
10. Looking at my wife. She is a very attractive lady. Like a fine wine she gets better with time and really, most importantly, more relaxed the older she gets.
pin it button A look inside the world of Mr. Zippy

Comments

1. Michelle says:

Love this! Put a big ol' smile on my face! I'm sure that many husbands would have similar posts. Hee, hee. Love #10! Congrats Zippy's! Just wait til your kids want to start racing.

2. LOL LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS POST!!!

I would be terrified to let my husband write a similar one.

3. Jennifer says:

This is great. MrZippy is great. I would read your blog if you had one! Continued good luck with those Saturdays!

4. *~* *~* Tracy says:

Great post! Mr. Zippy sounds like a keeper!

5. Hahahah. Love it!

6. This is awesome! I loved it!

7. Running and living says:

Love this. I need to have my husband read it. They all should form a support group. And nr. 6 is genius – I need to start implementing that!

8. OK, this was HI-la-ri-ous!!
    I love the credit card charges, ooops! Done that one.
    Oh and the "honey do"list for YOUR long run. Too cute.
    Yes, these guys of our are keepers!

9. Love the credit card charges to active. i can hear my husband saying the same thing.
    GREAT POST!

10. Mr Zippy should have his monthly post…!
    I vote for that!!

11. awesome! i too have "ideas" for what needs to be done while I am gone on my long run!

12. Mr. Zippy is a lucky man! Miss Zippy is too, it sounds!! Showed this to my husband…he found it especially hilarious! :)

13. OMG I cant stop laughing. I love that your husband gets you even if that can be difficult at times. My husband would probably say it's all about me. To be honest he is right when it comes to my running and workouts. He doesnt undestand why I run or workout. Thank Mr. Zippy for the top 10 David Letterman.. Loved the whole post.

14. Love this post!

15. Gracie (Complicated Day) says:

This is great. At least you're both trying to work out, even if you're fighting over the time!

16. This is great! I LOL'd at the kids yelling about heel striking. Hopefully they'll grow up to be as active as their parents!

17. Too funny! What's wrong with vacay gym-seeking:)?

18. runningonwords says:

Ha, I am terrified of what my husband would say if I did this. Sounds like you two are perfect for each other!

19. Oh I love the idea of a monthly post by Mr. Zippy! This was really great…made me smile out loud :) Loved it!

20. Love this idea! Thank God my husband isn't interested in working out. Actually he is quite lazy and I often give him crap for it… I think I will have to stop so he doesn't mess with my workout time.

21. Christina says:

LOL. That's so awesome

22. What a fun idea for a post! Veyr brave to give it to us from the hubby's perspectve. I'm sure many can relate!

23. This was a great post! Thanks for letting us see the other side :)

24. Kelsey: the Blonde Bullet says:

You've got a great man Miss Zippy! Great post!

25. Angie Bee says:

aaawww! You can tell he loves you :) seriously, the flipside to any negative is an equal or greater opposite feeling so though it may come across as annoyed its pretty clear that he kinda likes you!

26. The Green Girl says:

I love it!

27. Cynthia O'H says:

Support from our husbands is priceless. That keeps the credit card happy too:)

28. Richelle says:

Mr. Zippy = Awesome. I especially like numbers 7, 8 and 10 on the top 10 list.

29. Medievalist says:

this was awesome! your husband sounds teriffic!

30. This is very cool. Nice to meet you mr. Zippy.

You have a great wife but reading this you seem also very great to me.

Number 10 of your list is the best compliment a woman can get in my opinion.

31. Summer Brooke says:

LOL That is Great!

32. Great post Mr. Zippy. What a fun life you guys have.

33. This is fabulous! I think the sig others might need to form a support group. Or, maybe that's a terrible idea…

34. Candice @ I Have Run says:

This is great! Sounds like a pretty good guy.

I like Amy's idea of a support group!

35. HAHA! My non-running husband will think this is hysterical! When we have my stepdaughter, we've got some coordinating to do so he can get his BasketBall game in and I can get my run!

36. Haha, well said! I must admit that thing comes out in many runners when a big event approaches. Lovely post!

37. Runners Fuel says:

Love it!

38. This was so great! His top 10 list had me laughing out loud! I think my husband (or any athlete's husband) could have written a few of those! Ummm….my kids are talking about heel striking as well!

39. My husband has the same issue as #7, except for the year I ran sick and had to walk the last three miles. LOL. Great post!

40. Way to go Mr. Z. The spouses have the hardest jobs of what we do for sure.

41. this
    is
    way
    too
    cool.

#2 & #5 —— my favorites. awesome!!

42. Love the list very funny and points to Mr. Zippy for ending the list with a super flattering compliment smart man. :)

43. HappyTrails says:

I, too, think Mr. Zippy needs to have a monthly post! Too fun! I love #3 – we are rather lame in that we have NEVER taken a vacation where we didn't plan it around whether there were good trails to run or good trails to ride on our mt. bikes or good road routes for our road bikes! Thanks for sharing with us Mr. and Ms. Zippy!

44. I absolutely love this post! :)

45. aw, #10 on his list is so sweet! he's a keeper.

46. Jeff - DangleTheCarrot says:

Awesome! 9. Hearing my children worry about heel striking when playing …. this one cracked me up!

47. I can relate to #3 too–I ran several times on our honeymoon. My husband likes to run, but I think he just wanted to sit on the beach on that trip. Strange guy. I showed this post to him–he said the one about active.com hit closest to home for him. Great post!

48. Lesley @ racingitoff.com says:

Greatest post ever. I think I just woke my kids up laughing!

49. AM-GoalsfortheWeek! says:

Hi there!
    this is so cute!!!

and I think your DH pow wow a bit w/my DH…;-)

50. Mamarunsbarefoot says:

That was AWESOME!!!!!!! I loved it!!!!!

51. Big Daddy Diesel says:

I love this, awesome

52. Run with Jess says:

Super cool comments! I need to have my hubs read this I think!

53. The Happy Runner says:

I loved reading about Mr Zippy!! What a good sport :-)

54. Amanda - RunToTheFinish says:

ha mr zippy is great!! i am almost afriad to see what mr finish would say about me