Of course I had to peek

280932690 3d4efa0126 Of course I had to peek

With everyone looking up their Boston numbers, I had to at least see what corral I would have been in. I was a 12,000–towards the front of wave two. Would have been nice, but c’est la vie. I am completely ok with not being on the start line this year. Right now I am so thankful and joyful that I am running at all that Boston takes a very big back seat.

More importantly? I get to pace my son in a 5k on April 2. When I thought I wouldn’t even be able to do that a while back, it broke my heart. Now I get to do it and that is just SO RIGHT!

Another thing–none of my running partners were headed to Boston this year, but next year, it’s looking like we’ll be there in force. Most of us already have times (plus our 20 minutes to ensure registration) and those who don’t are already signed up for spring marathons to get their times. Had I gone this year, not sure I would have sprung for the trip again one year later.

So perhaps this was all providential? Who knows. I just know I am happy and I don’t feel a Boston 2011 void. Cool beans by me.

pin it button Of course I had to peek

• No Related Posts

Comments

1. You have an awesome attitude about this, and that makes me so happy! Everything tends to work out just as it is supposed to, despite setbacks we experience. I'm so happy you're up and running, period. You're awesome. Keep it up.

2. Jogging with Fiction says:

I'm so glad you get to pace your son. You seem to have found a good place now, I'm happy for you!

3. That is the spirit! Find the good in everything! Everything happens for a reason!!!

4. That is a great attitude. I think the 5K with your son sounds awesome for everyone.

5. Petraruns says:

I am so pleased you're back on the road but sad to miss you this year in Boston!

6. Boston will be a great celebration next year with so many from your group going – you must be a speedy bunch! And GREAT news that you'll get to race with your son afterall!!

7. It sucks that you had to get injured this year but things do have way of working! Next year at Boston will be awesome for you I am sure!

8. Black Knight says:

To run with your son is the best gift you can get! I will do the same on sunday.
    Now you are back and Boston is always there waiting for you…..2012 is on the corner.

9. Literally no better running than with our kids.

10. Love the great positive attitude towards it all. Life works in mysterious ways that way and now you may have a chance to meet me b/c I AM going to qualify for Boston. Now don't get really healed up and head there b/c I scared you with the fact that I am going to do everything I can to be there next year.

11. Sounds like it's all worked out for the best. :D

12. Jess @ Blonde Ponytail says:

Ah! I love reading this post from you! So thankful you are running too!

13. Teamarcia says:

The fact that you're happy is all that matters. Life has a way of working itself out. : )

14. KC (my 140 point 6 mile journey) says:

Great attitude!

15. BabyWeightMyFatAss says:

Your thought process through this whole injury thing has really be inspiring! Great post!

16. Melissa C says:

Great spirit! Maybe I will see you there next year. I was injured last year, so I couldn't run in my race to qualify. Here's to trying again in 2011 for 2012! My next attempt to qualify is April 2nd!

17. I am a BIG "everything happens for a reason" believer, even though sometimes it's impossible to see the "reason" at the time, it looks like you are already finding some of yours :)

18. AWESOME ATTITUDE! We could all learn from YOU :)

19. middleagedrunner says:

Next year will be YOUR year! Great that you get to do the 5K with you son, good that you are able to run and great that you aren't feeling down. Good job with the positivity!

20. You have the BEST attitude! And I think pacing your son will be absolutely amazing…

21. Mamarunsbarefoot says:

You really are awesome, inspiring and have such an uplifting attitude!!!!! So glad I found you on blogging!

22. I wondered if I'd have regret this time of year for not registering, but I don't. Now, if I were in racing shape maybe I would but that never happened.

Yay you get to run with your kiddo now!! :)

23. Fantastic 'tude! Everything always seems to work out for the best. Here's to 2012!

24. You're so right – there's always next year. And the years fly by so quickly that it'll be here before you know it.

25. Glad you got to pace for your son. Good to see you running again.

26. love the positive mental attitude!

27. marathonmaiden says:

i know that getting to the positive place must have been hard but it sounds like everything is coming together lovely for you. yay!

28. could you please share some of your attitude with me? I am willing to pay. :-)

29. The Hungry Runner Girl says:

I LOVE YOUR ATTITUDE and that is so fun you are pacing your son…LOVE IT!!

30. Michelle says:

Great attitude! And being able to run with your son is just the best!!

31. Richelle says:

I'm so glad that you're running again. I'm excited already to read your race report from the April 2nd race.

32. The Green Girl says:

So glad you're running and – and that you found peace with your decision.

33. Gracie (Complicated Day) says:

That's the spirit! And running with your son will be even more special.

34. Jim ... 50after40 says:

You have handled the whole thing with grace and class … besides, I'm pretty sure you can still outrun me!!!

35. Average A says:

Love your attitude, and personally, I think pacing your sons 5k would be a bunch cooler. :)

36. Anabela (Bela) Neves says:

You will rock Boston next year and the 5K with your son will me such a special moment, can't wait to hear about it!

37. It's amazing how adversity can really affect our thoughts, eh? You've run Boston. Been there, done that. What's important is that you are on the recovery trail. Maybe we'll run it next year.

38. yeah, I remember you were trying to decide if you wanted to do Boston since none of your partners were. Next year you will kick butt!

39. I think this year pacing your son is way more important than doing Boston.

There will be one next year and you and your running buddies will rock Boston 2012!

This year: you've got this boy who looks with pride at his Mom who's pacing him!

40. :) Interesting how life works out huh? I always look at the positive in life. All my crap I went through only made me a better person.

Glad you can see the good in things!

41. Next year, Boston better watch out! :)

42. funderson says:

No sweat…void schmoid..

43. Shellyrm ~ just a country runner says:

Great attitude! You will be a zippy pacer. heehee

44. Great attitude. You'll have a blast in the 5K with your son.

45. How fun to pace your son in a 5k! Glad to see that you're doing well. Enjoy!