Running friends can make the best of friends

From my inbox yesterday:

DATE:  Sunday, Feb 27
TIME:  5 pm
WHERE:  Lisa’s place
WHY:  Because we miss Amanda and want to make her better with wine, snacks and books.
WHAT TO BRING:  either a bottle of wine or a snack PLUS a used book to exchange.
please RSVP
THANKS!!!!
LISA
Need I say more? :  )

Comments

1. ShutUpandRun says

I am inviting myself. I will bring a bottle of wine, snacks and a book. And I will pay you all if you want. You are lucky, lucky!!

2. Jamoosh says

Where's the running? Shouldn't you have to "earn" the wine?

Finally, why in the heck isn't your blog in my reader? I am swine. This too shall be corrected.

3. drkgood says

That's so great that I will virtually invite myself. It's such a blessing to have amazing friends who will help you get through this bump in the road. Hang in there and enjoy your wine, snacks, and new books.

4. Hannah says

Awww! That is awesome! I love it. I hope you have an awesome time.

I'm going on a girls-only weekend with my running girlfriends this weekend – they really do make the best of friends!

5. Kate says

Can I be your friend too? That sounds like the perfect e-mail to get from friends. I have so many books I'd love to exchange!

6. Denise says

aw, that is so sweet!! some of the closest people in my life i met through running. and they take very good care of me. have fun!!

7. *~* *~* Tracy says

You have wonderful friends!!

I will also virtually invited myself, and have a glass of wine and read a book on the 27th in your honor!

8. Jason says

How awesome is that? I mean really. That had to make you smile and cry at the same time. I know that is what I would have done….and then self high-fived too while chanting AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!

9. P says

Well, there's pretty much nothing in the world that wine, snacks and books can't cure, especially with good friends! What a lucky girl you are. :)

10. Bill and Debra says

You are so right..I have met some of the best friends in a running group I joined in 2007. Running friends with wine, snacks and books are even better friends for life.

11. marathonmaiden says

some of the best friends i have are from running / the blogging community! i might not see them on a really regular basis but i know i can count on them to do things like that.

enjoy! it sounds like it'll be a blast

12. Terzah says

A mix of books and running? Perfect friends!! I would bring "The Tiger: A True Story of Vengeance and Survival."

I bet that cheered you up so much. Have a great time at your surprise party! :^)

13. Teresa says

Pei pa koa is pretty decent cough medicine (from herbal as I remembered), great non alcoholic medicine, some western cough medicine are more effective, but this is non drowsy.

You can access info online @
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nin_Jiom_Pei_Pa_Koa