Three things Thursday

1. Took a spinning class today, followed by a solid swim. Let’s just say I have some very neglected cycling muscles! Tomorrow is supposed to get into the 50s so I may take it a step further and take my bike on the road. Sure to be a long slow go of it, but I will be outside which is something I am definitely missing right now.

2. Came back from Ohio a day early so I can attend my friend’s mom’s funeral. This meant for sad kids and grandparents, but it’s the right thing to do. In my rush to leave, I left my laptop behind. I’m typing this on an iPad, a great toy but I miss a normal keypad. My parents are overnighting my laptop to me–my mom joked that the cost of doing this will impact my inheritance!

3. We have zero plans for New Year’s Eve and the that’s just the way this old lady likes it. Happy new years everyone!

Comments

1. Matty O says

UGH, I hate shipping ANYTHING anymore. It's pure robbery.

Thoughts and prayers for your friend's family.

Good luck easing into this "triathlon" thing :) How long has it been now since you have raced tris?

2. Silly Girl Running says

Ahhh! Taking the bike on the road! With the icey, snowy roads we're having at the moment, that's a no-go! So, you could say that I envy you! ;)

You're a true friend for coming back early to be there for your friend.

Happy New Year to you too! :)

3. Carly says

I am sorry about your friend's mother. Thoughts and prayers to your friend's family.

Nice job on the spinning class and I am so jealous of weather in the 50's. We are not doing much for New Year's either….I am usually in bed by 9PM.

4. Sherri says

Your a great friend!
    I am sure your bike has missed you too, I hope you get a chance to ride in the warm winter weather. We are going to be in the 40's! yippee!!!

5. ShutUpandRun says

I'm sorry you have to go to that funeral, you are a good friend to be there for your friend.

Rest up and don't fall off the bike.

6. Kenley says

Have fun tomorrow biking. Happy New Years! I am actually getting use to laptop land as I ditched my desktop for space. lol. That was funny about the inheritance thing.

7. Aimee says

I'm so jealous that you will be able to ride outside! It's supposed to be 10 degrees here tomorrow…brrr!!

I would have ended a trip early to attend a funeral too. I'm sure your friend really appreciates you being there.

8. Kate says

I'm 24 and I also have zero plans! I am too young to be this old!

Whenever I hop on the spin bike I am reminded how neglected those muscles are. When I was sidelined with my stress fracture I used to spin like crazy. When I was able to run again I felt like my aerobic base had actually improved.

9. La Historiadora de Moda says

I'm very sorry for your friend's loss.

I don't have plans for NYE either. I think we'll do what we did last year – cook dinner together at home, play scrabble and watch a movie. I think it'll be nice, and set me up to be hangover-free for my first run of 2011. :)

10. Johann says

Funerals are always so sad but like you say, the right thing to do. Hope you can get outside soon! We always stay at home doing nothing on New Year's Eve. All the best for 2011!

11. Jess @ Blonde Ponytail says

I am celebrating 2011 in honor of your East Coast time zone (9 p.m. for me!). A low key night–I like it that way too! You are not old!

Happy 2011!

12. marathonmaiden says

sorry about your friend's mom! thoughts are with you and her and her family.

happy new year. funny about you liking not having any plans. i only have tentative plans for tmrw and i'm freaking out because nothing's set in stone!

13. Wifey says

So sorry about your friend's mom – sending positive thoughts and prayers!

And, this old lady stays in, too!

Happy New Year!

Winks & Smiles,
    Wifey

14. Jason says

It would be funny about the shipping if it weren't so true. It's absurd these days.

And I am with you on the let's not do anything for New Years. Just let me hug my wife and step-son then pass out, get up early and put up a 9 mile run at MP.

15. Char says

I have no plans for New Years Eve either. Not a big party girl and I'd rather go to bed early. If only those revelers who like to party would keep it down. They always wake me at midnight.

16. Lisa says

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's mom. I'm sure your friend appreciates your support.

Have a great ride tomorrow, always smart to take advantage of good weather! I'm planning on a few good runs this weekend! We don't have NYE plans either, except to go out for Chinese food. That's our NYE tradition.

17. Michelle says

You're a good friend to have come back for the funeral – I'm sure it meant a lot to your friend that you were there.

Quiet NYE here too – just the way I like it! Happy New Year Amanda!

18. Jeff - DangleTheCarrot says

LOVE the quiet New Years! I am getting up at 5am New years day to go for my long run and then going to volunteer at a local marathon … been there, done that with the hangover thing (-:

19. Caratunk Girl says

Quiet New Years…ahhh I am so jealous. I am the DD for my rowdy friends…Which is good too, but I really like your idea of New Years, that is way more my style!

So sorry about your friend's mother.

20. Colleen says

Sorry to hear about your friend's mom… yep, you made the right decision to be there for her! :)

Have a great NYE and we'll see you in 2011!

21. Chris K says

"Tomorrow is supposed to get into the 50s" Wow, looks like a heat wave in MD. And, by the way, I have unequivocally un-wimped myself.

22. Amanda@runninghood says

I can see why you wanted your laptop back ASAP. I just got my very own laptop (not my husband's) for Christmas… a MacBook Air and I love love love it….it is my new favorite toy! Sorry you had to come back early for a funeral.

23. Fran says

We're staying home tonight too and that's the way I like it. I don't like New Year's eve that much. I prefer Christmas as a holiday.