This has been an emotional few days, filled with both ups and downs. Here’s the scoop:
- The HUGE down–my dad unexpectedly had to have bypass surgery the other day.
- The up–he recognized he didn’t feel his usual self when on the treadmill and listened to his body. A stress test a couple of days later showed major blockages. Hats off to him for hearing the signals his body was sending and following up.
- The down–I live in a different state than my parents, so I wasn’t there with my mom while he was having surgery.
- The up–My brother does live there and can help out. I’ll be heading there next week when dad returns home from the hospital to pitch in.
- The down–I still went on my girls getaway weekend–feeling guilty! But I will be of more help to my parents next week than I could be right now while he’s still in the hospital.
- The up–I got to see two dear friends from high school I haven’t seen in over a year. Reconnecting was awesome.
- The up and down–While at the resort, located in the mountains of Pennsylvania, I did a lovely, rolling trail run. So peaceful and cathartic!
- What’s up and down in your world?