Done Deal

I went to B.A.A. today and signed on the dotted line.

A few thoughts on this whole deal:

• Thank you Goose at the Whole Half, who wrote this on my post about whether or not to do Boston:  “We’re never guaranteed tomorrow. We can always find a reason NOT to do something. If you’ve got a reason for doing it- Go get it.”
  • If Richmond goes well next month, I’ll train and run Boston, but not to the degree that I trained for this fall marathon. That way if the winter is horrible, I won’t have as much pressure to get in as many miles as I did this training cycle. Thank you Jeff at Dangle the Carrot for the advice that helped me with this!
  • If Richmond doesn’t go well, then I can focus on Boston and nailing a good time.
  • If Richmond goes well, I’ll run Boston in 2011, pace a running group at the Baltimore Marathon next fall (I’ve always wanted to do this!) and then run Boston in 2012 again, when I’m pretty sure I’ll have some training partners along for the ride.
  • If you are doing Boston in 2011, email me at misszippy1@gmail.com. I’m going to get a list together for a big ‘ole bloggy meet-up and post it on my sidebar. Sound fun?

Comments

1. Patrick Mahoney says:

Awesome.

2. ModernMom says:

Sounds exciting!!!

3. YAY YAY YAY!! SO happy you went for it!!

I'm up for any party!! Awesome!!

4. I'm excited for you, so glad you decided to do it!

5. jamie@sweatyhugs says:

So awesome! Your plan sounds perfect. I love that you are going to pace a group for the Bmore marathon next year too.

6. Teamarcia says:

Awesome! You'll have a blast!
    I heard getting through this morning was a challenge in itself–congrats!

7. Kovas Palubinskas says:

I'm not running it, but tempted for the meetup, lots of folks headed that way!

8. Yay for Boston!!

9. Yay! Glad you signed up!

10. Way to Go!!!

11. You'll do well, I'm sure of it. Nice to have some solid goals set up. Cheers!

12. Petraruns says:

I'll be there. Can't wait to meet up!

13. ShutUpandRun says:

Oh yeah you know I am there!!! I think your plan sounds like a good one.

14. marathonmaiden says:

yay! it took me forever but i'm registered too :)

15. Sounds like you have a great plan worked out! Congrats and good luck!

16. Sounds like a good plan. Good luck. Cheers!

17. Awesome. Congrats on getting in and the plan is a great way to go about it.

18. Big Daddy Diesel says:

I was thinking the exact same thing as Goose when I read your other post.

19. Sounds exciting and I look forward to following you on your journey.

20. Awesome work. You will nail them all :)

21. Yay!

I'm getting caught up on your blog — I've been out of the loop so long. Looks like you've been busy, too!

22. Congrats on signing up! Exciting!!!

23. Angie Bee says:

Yay!! Will be cheering you on through the whole big adventure :)

24. Amanda - RunToTheFinish says:

maybe if I come cheer on boston, I'll get over my fear of running so fast for so long and actually do it :)

25. Awesome!

26. Yay!! Glad you decided to do it!! I'll be cheering you on (literally I live south of Boston and always try to get in for the marathon)!

27. Caratunk Girl says:

MAN I wish I was going to be there, but 2011 has other things in store for me…BQ is on my list for sure though… I am actually thinking about volunteering (it is 4hrs from here, so it is doable), if I do it I will send you a note.

28. YAY for you!! wish i had some marathon experience under my belt so i could join the fun! :)

29. La Historiadora de Moda says:

Awesome news!

30. Good call! I will be there to run for anyone who is injured and to fuel my desire to be there on my own qualify! Love to connect with all you fast people for some inspiration and fun!

31. Julie @ "Hotlegs Runner" says:

How exciting for you! =) Wish I could do this some day =)

32. whoop whoop! glad you got in! hoping i will be there to *spectate*, the hard job ;)

33. Cool stuff! I heard it sold out in record time.

34. Woo hoo!! I am so happy for you! You have a great plan and how cool is Boston!

35. Woot Woot! I'd love to go for the meetup and to cheer :)

36. Awesome!!!! I can't wait to read about your training.

37. You took the plunge- good for you! I'll be thinking about you this winter. You can do it!

38. Great. As Carly says above, I can't wait to read about your training. I'm watching you (now I'm making that gesture where I point my two fingers at my eyes and away from my eyes).

39. Good stuff! I hear 25000 filled up in 8 hours or something…? Amazing!

40. You made it before they closed the list! See, already you are doing great.
    I am very excited for you.

41. So happy you signed up! :)

42. Congrats on signing up for Boston! Saw your comment on Beth's blog so thought I'd stop over and visit! Just been catching up on your past posts. Good luck with the training!

43. Amanda- I am with Goose. Go get it girl! This is coming from someone who really wanted to run it this year (I have only run it once) but because of a bad day in Chicago, it will not happen. It sounds like a fun time with old and new long distance friends. Congrats on getting in and I look forward to following your training! Monica

44. Way to go for it. Saw your comment on SUAR and want you to know you didn't lose me as a follower. :)

45. Glad you were able to register! Enjoy running it!

46. Silly Girl Running says:

Woohooo! Great! :)

47. BrianFlash says:

Congrats on Boston! Also, you were one of the big winners at my blog – send me an email with your particulars and I'll get the socks on the way. Shoe size and preferred sock style is what I need.

48. AM-GoalsfortheWeek says:

I was wondering if you signed up or not. okie dokie! you're in! cool.

I have a few bloggy peeps who aren't super daily bloggers that I'll get over here to hop on board your bloggy meet up for sure!