I went to B.A.A. today and signed on the dotted line.
A few thoughts on this whole deal:
- Thank you Goose at the Whole Half, who wrote this on my post about whether or not to do Boston: “We’re never guaranteed tomorrow. We can always find a reason NOT to do something. If you’ve got a reason for doing it- Go get it.”
- If Richmond goes well next month, I’ll train and run Boston, but not to the degree that I trained for this fall marathon. That way if the winter is horrible, I won’t have as much pressure to get in as many miles as I did this training cycle. Thank you Jeff at Dangle the Carrot for the advice that helped me with this!
- If Richmond doesn’t go well, then I can focus on Boston and nailing a good time.
- If Richmond goes well, I’ll run Boston in 2011, pace a running group at the Baltimore Marathon next fall (I’ve always wanted to do this!) and then run Boston in 2012 again, when I’m pretty sure I’ll have some training partners along for the ride.
- If you are doing Boston in 2011, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m going to get a list together for a big ‘ole bloggy meet-up and post it on my sidebar. Sound fun?