Mixed bag

Mixed bag
View from our apartment

I’m feeling a bit better, thankfully, but still not 100 percent. I definitely had a fever on Saturday, but that has passed. Still low on energy and still have some congestion lingering at the back of my throat. My tendency is to get a cough and if I don’t lay low, it almost always progresses to bronchitis. So…still not running. I can’t afford bronchitis over here, nor for the nightmare return flight.

Mixed bag

On the bright side, however, I had enough energy yesterday to go with the family to some of Sydney’s beaches. We drove out to Bondi and the progressed south to several others. They are just gorgeous! If you’ve been to La Jolla before, it’s like that on steroids. All of the beaches are linked by a cliff walk up above that runs more than 3k long. We wandered along the walk, taking breaks on the beaches and walking out onto the rocks where it was safe to do so.

The weather has been great–I love summer so I was a bit apprehensive about coming to winter. But Sydney winter isn’t Maryland winter. The overnight lows are in the upper 40s and daytime highs approach 70. And it’s always sunny. Lucky folks.

My plan is to try a run tomorrow. I’ve scoped out a path from our apartment to the harbor bridge. I’m going to try to run over it and into the botanical gardens/opera house area. Today it’s off to the zoo with the kids while the husband works. Have a good one!

• No Related Posts

Comments

1. Barbie says

You will have a great day at the Zoo. Loads of walking to be had there. And yes we have been blessed with tonnes of sun this winter. I will keep praying to the weather god's for it to hold out your whole holidays.

2. Happy Feet 26.2 says

Oh, I just love La Jolla so it sounds like a must for my travel list. Also, loving those temps. as I suffocate here. I soooo hope you get to go for a run and explore. That's my absolute favorite way to explore new areas when i travel. Take care and safe travels.

3. Lisa says

We were in australia for our summer (their winter) several years ago and I thought the same thing…lucky folks!

4. Anabela (Bela) Neves says

Glad you are feeling better and that you were able to get out and enjoy some of the country's beauty! Take care!

5. Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) says

It sounds like such a beautiful place! I'm sorry you're still a little sick, but I hope it's on the upswing! Have fun at the zoo with the kids tomorrow!

6. The Green Girl says

Awesome view, I am envious.

I'm glad you're feeling a little better – take care of yourself, girl.

7. Angie Bishop says

so glad you are feeling better!!! I wish you happy and healthy running tomorrow and so jealous about the whole beach going thing!
    Cheers,
    Angie

8. Beth says

I'm glad that you are taking good care of yourself and that you are feeling better. Sounds like you are doing all of the fun stuff. Have a great time!

9. Fran says

Glad to hear you feel better. It's beautiful, what a treat to wake up every morning and see that view.

Enjoy the rest of your stay.

10. Candice @ I Have Run says

So sorry you are sick! At least you have a good view and some tourist attractions to distract you. Good luck with the run today!

11. Jill says

So glad you are feeling somewhat better; I've been worried about you! That cliff path sounds really cool…I've been to LaJolla many times and am always in awe there…so I'm so jealous you're at a place even more beautiful. Enjoy!!!!! :)

12. Alison B., "Runbuggy" says

The weather sounds lovely! I haven't had much time to read my favorite blogs, so I know I've missed a lot… but it seems like you're in a great place for running. Have fun and feel better!