Mixed bag

Mixed bag
View from our apartment

I’m feeling a bit better, thankfully, but still not 100 percent. I definitely had a fever on Saturday, but that has passed. Still low on energy and still have some congestion lingering at the back of my throat. My tendency is to get a cough and if I don’t lay low, it almost always progresses to bronchitis. So…still not running. I can’t afford bronchitis over here, nor for the nightmare return flight.

Mixed bag

On the bright side, however, I had enough energy yesterday to go with the family to some of Sydney’s beaches. We drove out to Bondi and the progressed south to several others. They are just gorgeous! If you’ve been to La Jolla before, it’s like that on steroids. All of the beaches are linked by a cliff walk up above that runs more than 3k long. We wandered along the walk, taking breaks on the beaches and walking out onto the rocks where it was safe to do so.

The weather has been great–I love summer so I was a bit apprehensive about coming to winter. But Sydney winter isn’t Maryland winter. The overnight lows are in the upper 40s and daytime highs approach 70. And it’s always sunny. Lucky folks.

My plan is to try a run tomorrow. I’ve scoped out a path from our apartment to the harbor bridge. I’m going to try to run over it and into the botanical gardens/opera house area. Today it’s off to the zoo with the kids while the husband works. Have a good one!

pin it button Mixed bag

• No Related Posts

Comments

1. You will have a great day at the Zoo. Loads of walking to be had there. And yes we have been blessed with tonnes of sun this winter. I will keep praying to the weather god's for it to hold out your whole holidays.

2. Lucky folks indeed!

Glad to hear you're feeling better!

3. I think I am moving to Australia 6 months out of the year. Awesome weather!

4. It sounds great! I hope you can have a great run tomorrow and enjoy running in such an awesome place!

5. Caratunk Girl says:

Wow, awesome weather. So happy to hear you are feeling better.

6. Glad you are feeling better!! Enjoy the rest of your stay. And have fun on your beautiful run tomorrow!

7. Happy Feet 26.2 says:

Oh, I just love La Jolla so it sounds like a must for my travel list. Also, loving those temps. as I suffocate here. I soooo hope you get to go for a run and explore. That's my absolute favorite way to explore new areas when i travel. Take care and safe travels.

8. We were in australia for our summer (their winter) several years ago and I thought the same thing…lucky folks!

9. Glad you're starting to feel better…that weather sounds perfect and those beaches awesome!

10. Anabela (Bela) Neves says:

Glad you are feeling better and that you were able to get out and enjoy some of the country's beauty! Take care!

11. Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) says:

It sounds like such a beautiful place! I'm sorry you're still a little sick, but I hope it's on the upswing! Have fun at the zoo with the kids tomorrow!

12. The Green Girl says:

Awesome view, I am envious.

I'm glad you're feeling a little better – take care of yourself, girl.

13. Angie Bishop says:

so glad you are feeling better!!! I wish you happy and healthy running tomorrow and so jealous about the whole beach going thing!
    Cheers,
    Angie

14. I'm glad that you are taking good care of yourself and that you are feeling better. Sounds like you are doing all of the fun stuff. Have a great time!

15. Patrick Mahoney says:

What a terrible view of an uninteresting building. Enjoy the trip and feel better!

16. I'm glad you're feeling better, you're doing right to take it easy! Enjoy yourself :-)

17. Glad to hear you feel better. It's beautiful, what a treat to wake up every morning and see that view.

Enjoy the rest of your stay.

18. So glad you are feeling better! Hope it continues to improve!! :0)

19. Hope you recover completely so that you can get in some nice runs there.

20. Very jealous of that view!

21. Candice @ I Have Run says:

So sorry you are sick! At least you have a good view and some tourist attractions to distract you. Good luck with the run today!

22. AM-GoalsfortheWeek says:

that sounds like a sweet type of winter wonderland to me! enjoy!

23. Sounds like just about perfect weather! Love the pics.

Enjoy yourself and get well soon!

24. OMGosh! That's your view!?!?

Amazing!!

25. I'm glad you're feeling better and still able to get out and about. What views!! What temps!!!

26. So glad you are feeling somewhat better; I've been worried about you! That cliff path sounds really cool…I've been to LaJolla many times and am always in awe there…so I'm so jealous you're at a place even more beautiful. Enjoy!!!!! :)

27. Hope you are back to 100% soon and able to enjoy Sidney!!

28. That's an awesome view! Glad you're rebounding enough to enjoy the sites.

29. Alison B., "Runbuggy" says:

The weather sounds lovely! I haven't had much time to read my favorite blogs, so I know I've missed a lot… but it seems like you're in a great place for running. Have fun and feel better!

30. RunWithKate says:

I LOVE La Jolla, So I am sure I would love La Jolla on steroids even more!! :)