Whiplash

No, I don’t have it, but I should from the pace of this week. It was insane! In one week, I:

Drove kids to:

• Three swim practices
  • Two nights of soccer tryouts
  • Two lacrosse games
  • Two soccer games
  • One day of camp
  • One swim meet

I also:

• Ran 40-plus miles
  • Swam twice
  • Road my bike on the trainer twice
  • Lifted twice

Used my brain to:

• Write an article
  • Start two new running clients
  • Make edits to another article

All while:

• My husband was out of the country

Whiplash
  • For my wonderful neighbors who helped me schlep kids to and fro
  • My husband who returned last night in time to go to my neighbor’s daughter’s wedding
  • This week is a taper week
  • All kids sports are done except swimming!

Comments

1. Omg, i have whiplash just from reading about your week!! I think I'm mostly impressed that 40 miles is your taper. :-P

2. Jeff - DangleTheCarrot says:

Dang girl! When did you find time to like sleep and eat? Awesome getting in the 40 miles still!

3. I have whiplash just thinking about it. Life is busy here too but soon soon soon soon school is out and it will be vacation busy!

4. you deserve a nap! Nice run mileage!

5. blissfulrunner says:

Wow. No wonder they call you Miss Zippy! That's really impressive!

6. Cynthia O'H says:

Great week. I don't know how you managed to get in that much mileage with everything else going on – impressive.

Now, enjoy that taper.

7. TMB @ RACING WITH BABES says:

You are one busy lady! Congrats on getting it all done!

8. Staci Dombroski says:

WOW! I need to take a nap after reading all that you did!! Have a great week :)

9. Christina says:

Impressive list of accomplishments. I'm curious, can you tell me more about the freelancing you do and starting two running clients.

10. Patrick Mahoney says:

Huge week, that's great. Great mileage as well.

I agree with Staci, I'm suddenly a little sleepy.

11. Whew! I'm tired just reading your post! :) Enjoy tapering.

Hugs from Orlando!
    r.

12. Jennifer says:

Oh my lord! You are one busy woman. You need to add to that list, wrote blogs and made numerous comments to blogger friends! How do you do it all? Cheers!

13. I have the same question as Jennifer. How do you do it all? Seriously, you have incredible time management skills or you don't sleep. I hope it's not the latter! Nice job getting it all done, including running and swimming. Nice pic too. Have a great, maybe less hectic week!

14. misszippy says:

Jennifer and LMC-I have to say, time management really is my forte for some reason. And I go to bed very early!!

15. Lindsey says:

Wow – amazing. I feel like such a schlub after reading this! I have been complaining b/c work has been a bit hectic and I've let my running suffer because of it. I need to get back on track and use you as some inspiration!

Lindsey @ eatreadrun.com

16. Amanda - RunToTheFinish says:

it really is amazing when I look back on a week how the heck it all got done.. I think your are right, it's organization, sleep and then just one thing at a time

17. Oh my goodness, I was exhausted reading this. What an eventful week.

18. Haselsmasher <br>(Jim Haselmaier) says:

It kind of sounds like you did an ultra this past week.

19. Caratunk Girl says:

Holy crap!!! Awesome mileage, but wow, you had a busy week! Working on the head down and swimming hard to get out of the fray in the swim! :)

20. The Happy Runner says:

Yikes! Way to keep it all together and get it all done! Rock on.

21. WOW! You are super woman… haha!

We don't have kids yet, and to be honest, I don't think I could handle all that pressure and scheduling. Heather is much better at that than I am!

Great balance.

22. Good Lord Zippy! I think you were even busier than me! Life sure does get crazy at times:) We need to hang on and hope to God that we make it:) You had awesome miles for how busy you were! Nice work:)

23. Running and living says:

Wow, you've been super busy. Hope you'll get a bit of rest when hubby gets back home!

24. Feeling a little dizzy just reading this…you definitely channelled your inner superwoman this week :) …Glad to know dad's back and the kids' sports are almost all done!

25. ugh I'm tired! way to go super mama! rest and enjoy your taper!

26. Laura (also known as Angel31!) says:

Wow, thats amazing that you manage with all that stuff! You go!

27. What a huge week! I needed to take a nap after reading it. Hope next week is more sane.

28. And then you still find time for blogging! Amazing! Be glad you are a runner. If you were out of shape and unfit you wouldn't be able to do this.

29. Michelle says:

Oh my stars! I'm tired just reading everything that you accomplished. Way to go on squeezing in 40 miles and swimming and biking and lifting.

30. Supppperrrr MOMMMMMMM!!!

31. Marlene says:

Holy girl! I am zonked just reading that!!

32. This makes me tired too. You must have 3 or 4 extra arms and legs to get this all done!

33. MCM Mama says:

OK, I'm a huge slacker apparently. How you managed to do all that and still get in 40 miles just blows my mind!

34. Looks like you could use a mini vacation!

35. Rad Runner says:

I will call you super woman for the rest of the week…

36. Wow! I think your taper is well deserved!

37. Black Knight says:

What a lazy week! You can do more and more!
    Indeed you deserve the taper.

38. ModernMom says:

Yikes! You deserve a nap:)

39. Big Daddy Diesel says:

I am tired and want a nap from just reading this, wow, thats a crazy busy week

40. Anabela (Bela) Neves says:

OMG I got whiplash just reading that! You get the superwoman, supermom award!

41. Hi Amanda: You are living my life! (husband in Budapest this week) As always, thanks for the comment on a bold pace. Do you have any pacing advice for me? I am heading to the track tomorrow am…
    Monica

42. One busy momma, you deserve this taper week! Hope it's going well!!

43. Wow, you make me tired just thinking of all that! You are Miss Zippy and the Energizer Bunny all rolled into one! It's nice to see you out of your running clothes and on your way out!

44. You've been a busy girl! Thank goodness for taper week huh? Enjoy!