My fridge

My fridge

MCM Mamma tagged me a week or so ago to reveal what’s in my fridge. Of course my camera would choose to go on the fritz right when she did that, so it has taken me a while. But…since I had the time, I cheated. That’s right, I cleaned my fridge before showing it to the world.

Getting tagged was just the kick in the pants I needed to do it, and believe me, it needed doing. I tossed ancient bottles of condiments, pickles, white wine (we’re mostly red drinkers here), hummus, cheese, and various other frightening things. I cleaned up spilled sauces, a lost grape or two, and crumbs galore. Seriously, I think my fridge had reached petrie dish status.

My fridge

I had to do all of this while my husband was out. I love the man, but I’m pretty sure he doesn’t believe food has expiration dates. He would have stopped me from tossing much of what I did (sorry, honey, but you know it’s true!).

So, with my newly cleaned fridge, here are a few of the things I kept:
* My favorite almond butter–Trader Joe’s almond butter with roasted flax seeds. I am a serious addict.
* Fresh greens from my CSA–love getting these each Thursday right from the farm.
* Lots of yogurt, most of it from Trader Joe’s (sense a theme here?)
* Mustards from Finland–my husband’s company is based there and he loves to bring home their mustard whenever he goes there.
* A big container of cut-up cantaloupe–my daughter’s favorite food.

My fridge

* A glass bottle of milk from a local organic farm. They deliver it every week; so fresh.

What’s missing:
* Tomorrow I am planning a trip to the grocery store, so the shelves are a bit bare. I plan to add salmon, chicken, more produce, some new bread, and a few other items.

So, now I am passing the torch onto a few others to provide a peek into their refrigerators:

Jill at runwithjill; Angie at barefootangieb; and Cynthia at balls in the air. Have fun ladies!

pin it button My fridge

Comments

1. Running and living says:

Thanks for not tagging me! My fridge is a mess and I have no time to clean it:) So you like Almond butter. I wish I did, it is much healthier than peanut butter, which is what I love. This is the first year we are doing a CSA and I love it. Half of the time I have no idea what I am eating, but know it's all healthy:)

2. Ironman By Thirty says:

I'm with your husband! Expiration dates are more of a suggestion than fact :) My wife hates it – haha.

We have a CSA as well (our first year) and are loving it so far. We've had lots of new foods that we had never tried before.

3. Teamarcia says:

It's looking nice and clean and healthy in there…couldn't tell you the last time I cleaned out mine…

4. **running to clean my fridge***

I need to look into a CSA. Everyone I know loves it and I think it would force me to be creative and get my veggies in.

5. wannabewriterrunner.com says:

Hah I never really have to clean my fridge b/c there's not very much in it! I love that you're in a CSA, that's awesome.

6. LOVE these kinds of posts! I'm intrigued by the mustard….

7. Staci Dombroski says:

My fridge is awful!!! Maybe that is something I should do today :)

8. ShutUpandRun says:

So jealous you have a Trader Joes and your fridge is full of stuff from there!!

9. ModernMom says:

LOL That is a very well put together fridge! (am secretly thrilled I was not tagged for this one HA)

10. blissfulrunner says:

Ohh! I love your farm-fresh milk! Where do you get it from? And can you tell us more about your CSA? I've been looking into splitting a share with my mom, but there are so many choices. Thanks!

11. Patrick Mahoney says:

why is the inside of the fridge set up with feng shui in mind and the door compartments aren't? Just wonderin'…

12. Marlene says:

Nice looking fridge!

13. Genesis says:

im sure my fridge is growing something at the bottom. im not even going to try to clean it up. maybe if we move i will. lol.

14. Your fridge is so pretty! Mine is crammed with all kinds of unknowns…

15. No fair!!! I vote you do it again in a month WITHOUT cleaning it first!

I wish we had a CSA here. I really do love the concept.

16. MCM Mama says:

My fridge probably wouldn't look that good even if I cleaned it…

17. Angie Bishop says:

dang it, now I have to clean the fridge….. :)

18. Kovas Palubinskas says:

Cheater! I was going to post this after EMZ did it, but we lost power and I threw away 90% of the contents, so the fridge was clean as a whistle.

19. Caratunk Girl says:

I need to clean my fridge now!

20. OMGosh you are killing me with the CRAZY AMAZING CLEAN FRIDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. Yum Yucky says:

Well geesh, I was impressed before you even opened the fridge. Nice Fridge! hehe

22. Rad Runner says:

This sounds LIKE the closest fridge to mine! Yum! LOVE that almond butter! I was eating Justin's, then I tried the TJ's ONE LOVE IT! Oh and the TJ's yogurt is way cheaper!

23. My husband is the same as yours. I feel like I'm generous keeping leftovers for a week. He would keep them till they're finished or until they could walk out of the fridge by themselves. And mould!! Don't throw the whole thing away when you can scrape or cut it off

24. I am a huge Trader Joe's fan too! I also enjoy their wine:) Your fridge looks all neat and organized:)

25. Cynthia O'H says:

The fridge is mine to clean too. With my husband and youngest gone, it's been barer than usual, making it easy to clean. So, guess what I'm doing tomorrow night?

Thanks!

26. Well, I think we should let you off the hook for cheating. That is a very healthy assortment you have there. The Trader Joe's is kind of far from my house, but you've inspired me to make the trip and check it out!

27. Chris Korn says:

Almond Butter on slices of Granny Smith apples. MMMMMMMMMMM

28. I guess it's clean out the fridge time at Jill's house!!

We don't have Trader Joe's in Colorado…but I am a fan of "Bring Trader Joe's to Colorado" so I'm hoping. Oh man, I can't wait to tag a few souls!!!

29. FrauSte says:

Two kinds of Finnish mustard. I'm impressed :) Very nice looking fridge, btw.

30. I love the fridge reports! Yours is very clean and full of fun stuff! I wish I lived close to Trader Joe's…or place remotely like it!

31. I love it! I am always trying to get rid of anything that is in a jar in the fridge. I am going to issue this challenge to the household so that they can see what exactly those bottles have in them and how many there are. Other than the jars, our fridge is full of fresh and close to home green and colourful goodies!

32. Yay for your fridge, A big Booo for mine. I don't even know what's in there. If sour cream is sour, than why does it have an expiration date? hmmmmm. Actually, over the summer, I have habit-ed the process of adding a lot more fruits to my stock, and a good variety too. Thanks for sharing your fridge with us.

33. Anabela (Bela) Neves says:

Firstly I love how you fridge fits neatly in between your beautiful cabinets, very nice!
    Secondly your fridge is very neat and yes a bit bare! Enjoy the shopping trip!

34. Big Daddy Diesel says:

I always find post like this so interesting

35. lindsay says:

pretty fun tag! my fridge is always so bare… i'm too lazy to food shop. there are a bunch of random (expired!) dressings on the door though, i know that much.

36. run with Jill says:

OK, I will post my fridge on this Thursdays blog.