MCM Mamma tagged me a week or so ago to reveal what’s in my fridge. Of course my camera would choose to go on the fritz right when she did that, so it has taken me a while. But…since I had the time, I cheated. That’s right, I cleaned my fridge before showing it to the world.
Getting tagged was just the kick in the pants I needed to do it, and believe me, it needed doing. I tossed ancient bottles of condiments, pickles, white wine (we’re mostly red drinkers here), hummus, cheese, and various other frightening things. I cleaned up spilled sauces, a lost grape or two, and crumbs galore. Seriously, I think my fridge had reached petrie dish status.
I had to do all of this while my husband was out. I love the man, but I’m pretty sure he doesn’t believe food has expiration dates. He would have stopped me from tossing much of what I did (sorry, honey, but you know it’s true!).
So, with my newly cleaned fridge, here are a few of the things I kept:
* My favorite almond butter–Trader Joe’s almond butter with roasted flax seeds. I am a serious addict.
* Fresh greens from my CSA–love getting these each Thursday right from the farm.
* Lots of yogurt, most of it from Trader Joe’s (sense a theme here?)
* Mustards from Finland–my husband’s company is based there and he loves to bring home their mustard whenever he goes there.
* A big container of cut-up cantaloupe–my daughter’s favorite food.
* A glass bottle of milk from a local organic farm. They deliver it every week; so fresh.
* Tomorrow I am planning a trip to the grocery store, so the shelves are a bit bare. I plan to add salmon, chicken, more produce, some new bread, and a few other items.
So, now I am passing the torch onto a few others to provide a peek into their refrigerators: