Versatile blogger

versitile+blogger Versatile blogger

AJH over at Age Groups Rock tagged me with the Versatile Blogger, which means I am supposed to reveal seven random things about myself. So, here goes:

1. I am a creature of habit to a fault
2. I can’t garden worth a damn, which is one good reason I belong to a CSA (community supported agriculture)
3. I grew up on a nice, natural lake in NE Ohio. My younger brother was able to swim the 1/2 mile across it at age 6; I think it took me until age 9.
4. At said lake I learned to bait hooks, take fish off a hook, but not clean them. I caught a 2-lb. bass when I was 8 and then got mad at my parents for not letting me have it mounted!
5. I love going to bed early (I’m old before my time)
6. I’m pretty sure I was meant to live in the southwest; someday I’ll get there permanently.
7. I could live quite easily without a TV.

So…who hasn’t been tagged yet? If you’re among the first five to comment, please considered yourself tagged.

Comments

1. Does this mean I am tagged :) I just started with a CSA as I don't have a big eneugh garden to keep the family in good veggies. I love to go to bed early – particularly in winter when it is dark.

2. Staci Dombroski says:

I am horrible at gardening too!!! Have a great weekend :)

3. haha! My dad loved to fish and as a child, besides fishing, I used to have to fillet/descale, de-bone and behead our catches. We buried the heads under the tomato plants in his garden, because they were (supposedly) great fertilizer. Or my dad was unnecessarily cruel and got a kick out of torturing his daughters. I still hate most fish. LOVE going to bed early. ;) TGIF!

4. KC (my 140 point 6 mile journey) says:

rut-ro, i'm number 4 so tag i'm it! can totally relate to 1-i'm such a creature of habit that when things get off track, i get a huge headache, also #2-i can kill a cactus, #6-not that i love going to bed early but it's a must if i expect to be up by 4:15 to get my party started and definitely #7-could very easily live without a TV but definitely not the internet. Have an awesome weekend Amanda!

5. Big Daddy Diesel says:

1- so am I, I am not good with change, esp sudden change.
    2- I can garden, Grandpa was a farmer, and my parents would send us boys in the summer to help him out.
    3- I am from above you in Michigan
    4- I can do all of that but bait, I know, i suck, I hate baiting.
    5- Me too, because 5am comes way to quick if you dont
    6 – HA- I moved from the southwest because I couldnt take the heat
    7- Me too, but I at least need a radio

I guess that makes me #5

6. MCM Mama says:

I always joke that I have a black thumb. Good thing I can use my very shady yard as an excuse. ;o)

7. Love Number 7. The tv for me seems to be more of an interruption than anything. Thanks for sharing the other stuff.

8. Rad Runner says:

I relate with #1 HIGHLY AND FULLY and #2 aswell, BUT! I say BUT! my mom gave me a succulent clipping (cactus-ish) from her hard, it multiplied like bunnies on a spring day, and I know have a little corner of cactus that I am working on.. Give it a try :)

9. Running and living says:

fun! i wish I was swimming at age 9 instead of learning at age 36. eek!

10. ShutUpandRun says:

I'm impressed you could swim a half mile at age nine!!! I love these fun random facts about you.

11. Barefoot AngieB says:

I love the southwest! The mountains of New mexico especially around Las Vegas NM are lovely!

1/2 mile is farther than I can swim at 33!!

Love getting to know you better :)

12. yay I'm #12 – I'm officially "safe".

You'd love the southwest! born and raised AZ native here.

13. Teamarcia says:

I'm quite sure I still couldn't make my way across that lake.
    Love the list!

14. Love your list, these versatile blogs are so fun to learn more about everyone. Happy Weekend!

15. Hi Zippy,
    I ama huge fan of learning fun random facts about fellow bloggers:) I can hardly keep the few house plants that I have alive. Maybe when we are older and retired we will have the time for fancy gardens:)

I could live without TV too….as long as I can rent a movie every now and then:) As far as the swimming, you were a better swimmer than me when you were eight than I am now! I suck at swimming:( Have a great weekend!

16. shellyrm aka jogging stroller mama says:

Great list.

I am a creature of habit too. And because of that, I go to bed early (or as early as the kids will let me!)

Have a great weekend!

17. Cool list! How great to grow up by a lake and to be such a good swimmer so young.

18. My husband is the gardener. I sure do appreciate it in the summer with all the fresh vegetables!

19. I love your list of 7!
    We don't have "TV"…and LOVE it!
    We do watch a few movies though1

20. Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) says:

Great list! I actually love to garden, and if I could I would grow most of my own veggies and herbs! I've thought about joining a CSA, but just haven't gotten around to it.

21. I can't garden either, I kill plants, I don't know what on earth I do but they don't like it.. it's a running joke in my family not to let me near plants :S

22. Christina says:

I too love to go to bed early. I get grumpy if I have to stay up past 11pm. Imagine how grumpy I am at new years.

23. I love an early bed time too!!!

24. Happy Feet 26.2 says:

I'm an early to bed person too. Have to get my rest for sure.

25. Great list. I love going to bed early too. I would go at 8 pm if I could. Have a nice weekend!

26. AM-GoalsfortheWeek! says:

I'm sooo with you on #5 & 7;-)

27. Petraruns says:

Love the list – it's very revealing. And I'm a fan of early nights too…

28. just found your blog! i'm with you on # 5…i love going to bed early. it's 8pm right now and i'm heading up!

29. thefoodrunner says:

YAY! #5, love it. You should move to the Southwest, it's pretty awesome.