- I ran a PR–1:13:18
- Incredible weather and beautiful course
- Great time with friends both on and off the course
- I got to meet Tonia of TMB Racing with Babes (check out the picture–she’s the stylin’ fit chick on the left to my frumpy big ‘ole t-shirt self on the right)
- A wonderful post-race brunch at my friend Sue’s house with both our husbands and kids (thank you Sue!)
- Watching the amazing Kenyans and Ethiopians cruising at the front
- An amazingly efficient race organization, from the race itself to the bag check to the sufficient number of porta-potties
- Even though I PR’d, I wanted to break 73
- Mile 9, my slowest by far
- Didn’t get to see Joan Benoit Samuelson even though she was out there
- No cherry blossoms to be had–all long gone!
- Probably took it out a bit too fast for my best racing capabilities, thus leading to crappy mile 9
- Dodging a few potholes
- Passing a friend who is an awesome runner and always capable of beating me, except when she is dealing with back issues
All-in-all–I had a great time today. In all my years of racing and living near DC, I’ve never done Cherry Blossom. Today I learned why people go back again and again. Such a great event and a reminder of what a beautiful capital city we have.
Now it’s time to give my legs a little RnR and get them recovered to take on Philadelphia’s Broad St. 10-miler in 3 weeks. I hope everyone who raced this weekend had a great day!